Throw together everything leftover from the Christmas table and give it an Asian twist with this stir fry. Plus it’s quick and easy. You’ll want to make this leftover turkey recipe again and again!
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 5 minutes
- Total time: 10 minutes
- Serves: 2
300g pack rice noodles
300g leftover cooked vegetables, eg Brussels sprouts, broccoli, parsnips, shredded green or red cabbage
1 tbsp wok oil or vegetable oil
150g leftover cooked turkey, cut into small strips
140g pack Szechuan pepper sauce
Lime wedges, to serve
- Microwave the pack of rice noodles on full power for 2 minutes or until piping hot. Cut the vegetables into smaller pieces if large. Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan and when very hot, add the vegetables and turkey and stir-fry for 3 minutes until hot.
- Tip in the noodles and drizzle with the sauce and 2 tbsp water. Fry for a further 1 minute, turning the noodles with the vegetables. Transfer to serving plates and serve with lime wedges for squeezing over.
Cook’s tip: The microwave reheats the noodles without drying them out. If you don’t have a microwave, briefly fry the turkey and vegetables then add the noodles and stir-fry until hot, adding a little extra water if the mixture dries out.
Recipe and image courtesy of Waitrose & Partners
More Christmas recipe inspiration
- Leftover turkey recipe: Turkey, ham & sprout pot pie
- Christmas leftover recipes: Vegetable tart
- Ham recipes: Christmas spiced gammon
- Leftover turkey recipe: Pepper turkey & vegetable stir fry
- Leftover turkey recipe: Turkey & ham pie with leeks
- Christmas dinner leftover recipes
- Recipes: Sticky clementine puddings
- Christmas turkey: Roast turkey with citrus and herb butter
- Vegetarian Christmas Dinner: Spinach & Stilton tartiflette
- Vegetarian Recipes: Flaky mushroom & thyme pie
- Red cabbage recipes: Jewelled braised red cabbage with apple and pomegranate
- Christmas baking: Classic Gingerbread men recipe
- Christmas Food: Canapés, turkey & desserts
- Marco Pierre White’s top Christmas turkey tips