Section 1. Guidelines
The BritMums network and the BritMums blog were founded in the spirit of creating a place where parent bloggers can gather, share ideas and opportunities and support each other. They are places to meet new bloggers, hone your skills and find your blogging “voice”. For those that want to work with brands that have relevant information for your blogs, we will present opportunities and help make introductions and for this purpose we enter in to a contract between you and BritMums. If you would like to know more about contracting with us please email us at [email protected].
Below are some guidelines for the network and the blog.
1. Be nice. If you have an issue with someone, take it off line. Please note BritMum administrators will delete any negative posts/threads and immediately suspend the membership of anyone attacking another member online.
2. We will delete anything remotely libelous and suspend the account of the person responsible for posting it. Here’s more information about libel if you need it.
3. Be careful with your tone. Whether this be on a video or in the written word. Unfortunately words can be taken the wrong way, so please think before you press that button!
4. Don’t hijack a discussion to get your view across. If you have an issue with someone or something — take it up with them directly.
5. Chill out and have respect. We are all people as well as bloggers and everyone has experience and knowledge to share.
6. Anyone posting as someone else, or giving a third party access to their account will be banned.
7. If you are blogging just to get free stuff – please go somewhere else. That is not what blogging is about.
8. Do not spam. People don’t like it. This includes, but is not limited to, endless requests to nominate your blog for awards schemes.
9. Don’t use our site to undertake competitive activity, or sollcit our members for competitive activities. If we deem you are trying to engage with our network for any other purpose than social activity we will ban you from the site.
10. Do not use this site to solicit people for your business.
11. No posts/group/discussions that are essentially ads or advertising for your business.
12. Do not advertise other social networks here, including non-Britmums Twitter parties.
13. Unfortunately trolls are a part of online life. DO NOT FEED THE TROLL. Here’s an excellent article about how to deal with forum trolls. Please read it.
14. The view and opinions of bloggers on the BritMums network are their own, so we don’t endorse those views and opinions.
Violation of these guidelines can result in having your account suspended.
Please feel free to email at [email protected] if you have any questions or concerns.
Our registered office address and where you can ‘snail mail’ us is:
Chiltern Home Business Centre
Chiltern House, 45 Station Road
Henley-on-Thames Oxfordshire RG9 1AT
Email enquiries should got to [email protected].
Your enjoyment in being part of the BritMums Network is important to us. We want to make things easy and simple. As part of the operation of BritMums, we gather certain types of information about our members, and we would like to explain the types of information we gather, what we do with it and how to correct or change the information.
Personal data is collected such as your email address when you become a member of the BritMums Network and also when you engage with the site and this Blog to make a post for example.
We will use the information you provide to enable your use of Services available on BritMums and the Blog, to contact you personally if necessary for the provision of the services available on the Site and the Blog and to keep track of who uploads/ post. We will never under any circumstances sell your Personal Data. The information is used to make your time spent at BritMums and the Blog more enjoyable, improve the content of the Site and Blog, to customize the content and/or layout of the Site for each individual user and to notify users about updates to the Site or Blog or promotional offers or opportunities that we believe will be of interest to you.
Please note that if you post contact details online that are accessible to the public you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
Aggregated information, such as which pages users access or visit and information volunteered by users, such as survey information and/or site registrations, is collected through various methods. For example, the sites log IP addresses. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you’re surfing the Web. Web servers, the computers that “serve up” Web pages, automatically identify your computer by its IP address, and when you request a page from any site, our servers log your IP address
Cookies and Tracking Devices
For more information about cookies, please visit this page on Wikipedia.
Children under the age of 13
Because BritMums is not intended for children under the age of 13, we do not provide memberships or registration to persons under age 13. Prospective users may not sign up for any aspect of the network site, and are not eligible to enter any of our promotions. Except as may be required by law, we will not knowingly collect, maintain, or disclose any personal information from children under the age of 13.
Children between the ages of 13 and 18
BritMums may contain links to other sites that you may access. These other sites should have their own privacy policies and you should review those policies before following those links. We cannot control the information disclosed at these third-party sites or how that information is used.
No transmission of data over the Internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under our control to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. Any such transmission is done at your own risk.
Should you wish to access the personal information we retain about you please email us [email protected].
We do not claim ownership rights in any content you may post to BritMums. However, by uploading, submitting, emailing, posting, publishing or otherwise transmitting any content to BritMums, you hereby grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, sub-licensable, perpetual and irrevocable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, prepare derivative works based on, perform, display, publish, distribute, transmit, stream, broadcast and otherwise exploit such content in any form, medium or technology now known or later developed, including without limitation on the site and third party websites, podcast, video game consoles and services, video-on-demand and television. You represent and warrant that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to grant the foregoing licenses to us. We shall own all right, title and interest in and to all derivative works and compilations of User Submissions that are created by us, including without limitation all worldwide intellectual property rights therein. You agree to execute and deliver such documents and provide all assistance reasonably requested by us, at our expense, to give us the full benefit of this section.
You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for all content you upload, post or otherwise transmit using BritMums. We do not endorse any content or any information, opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein. You represent and warrant that your content does not and will not, directly or indirectly, violate, infringe or breach any duty toward or rights of any person or entity, including without limitation any copyright, trademark, service mark, trade secret, other intellectual property, publicity or privacy right and will not engender any costs or payments for their use; (ii) are not fraudulent, misleading, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous, libelous, abusive, violent, threatening or obscene; (iii) do not harass others, promote bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any individual or group, promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, sexual orientation or age; (iv) are not illegal and do not promote illegal or harmful activities or substances; and (v) do not contain any computer programming routines or viruses that are intended to damage, interfere with, intercept or expropriate any system data or personal information, permit unauthorized access to any Site or disable, damage or erase any portion of the content stored therein. In addition, you represent and warrant that you have obtained the written consent, release and/or permission of each person who is identifiable in each of your content submissions to use the name and likeness of each such person in your content submissions in the manner contemplated by these terms. Sending unsolicited advertisements or repeat bulk-style communications anywhere on BritMums is prohibited.
The Service is provided “as is” and “as available” with no representations or warranties of any kind, either express or implied. You assume sole responsibility and risk for your use of BritMums.
Limitation of Liability