We love these cute gingerbread men and it’s ingenious how you can turn them into reindeer as well. This Gingerbread men recipe is easy to make too!
Classic gingerbread men recipe
- 125 g butter
- 100 g dark brown muscovado sugar
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 325 g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- Writing icing to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 170°C, gas mark 3. Melt the butter, sugar and syrup together in a pan then remove from the heat.
- Sieve in the plain flour, bicarbonate of soda and ground ginger then stir together to make a stiff dough.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface to 5mm thick. Cut out about 18-20 gingerbread men and bake on 2 large, lined baking trays for 10 minutes then remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Decorate with icing to add eyes, nose and mouth (turn the gingerbread men upside down for the reindeer).
More Christmas recipe inspiration
- Leftover turkey recipe: Turkey, ham & sprout pot pie
- Christmas leftover recipes: Vegetable tart
- Ham recipes: Christmas spiced gammon
- Leftover turkey recipe: Pepper turkey & vegetable stir fry
- Leftover turkey recipe: Turkey & ham pie with leeks
- Christmas dinner leftover recipes
- Recipes: Sticky clementine puddings
- Christmas turkey: Roast turkey with citrus and herb butter
- Vegetarian Christmas Dinner: Spinach & Stilton tartiflette
- Vegetarian Recipes: Flaky mushroom & thyme pie
- Red cabbage recipes: Jewelled braised red cabbage with apple and pomegranate
- Christmas baking: Classic Gingerbread men recipe
- Christmas Food: Canapés, turkey & desserts
- Marco Pierre White’s top Christmas turkey tips