You’ve heard about the A List. Now we have something even better: The B List.
Like our Brilliance in Blogging Awards, our new B List — the official name is The BritMums List — celebrates noteworthy Influencers in specialty niches.
With the B List, we name, highlight and celebrate an increasing number of Influencers with a diverse group of skills and talents. There are more bloggers and social media influencers every day — the B List provides curated lists featuring the best emerging and established talent.
1. Our Altered Life, www.ouralteredlife.com — This beautifully written family life blog is where mum Charlie shares life with her gorgeous boys, twins Oliver and Harry. She write about facial disfigurement and is constantly striving to raise awareness and funds for her charity. Her refreshingly frank and upbeat blog shares challenges as well as triumphs plus regular ol’ parenting conundrums (tips for ending nail-biting, anyone?)
2. Wild Mama Wild Tribe www.wildmamawildtribe.com – This blog by Claire really is the complete package: stunning food photography and heartfelt writing which we can all identify with. Follow her Instagram (@wildmamawildtribe) and your mouth will be watering.
3. Mummy Style www.mummystyle.co.uk – Renee’s style blog is slick, magazine-like and so very relatable to mums. The clean, spare style puts the fashion front and centre while her approach keeps it accessible. With more than 15 years’ experience in fashion industry, this mum to two boys offers virtual personal shopping experiences as well as a edited shop so you can pick up pieces she’s recommended.
4. Shinners and the Brood shinnersandthebrood.com – Sinead’s funny blog is packed with personality. This mum of 3 from the west of Ireland turns her gimlet eye on parenting perennials such as breastfeeding (“enjoy the period when your breasts are full and round and perky. It won’t last”) to general coping (“Toddler to Threeager: 10 early signs and symptoms”) , realistic campsite and travel reviews, advice on books and films, and more. It’s all totally relatable. As she writes in one post, “As joyous as parent life is, it can be truly, undisputedly disgusting.”
5. Devon Mama devonmama.com – Hayley’s heartfelt writing combines with an effective design and sharp pictures. Her blog is that rare thing these days — a general purpose parenting and family blog that dispenses advice and takes in everything from crafts, sleeping, travel, pregnancy, family dynamics and more.
6. Surrey Mama surreymama.com – Sarah’s is a pretty, all-round wonderful blog, with advice on afternoon tea in Surrey to seasonal holiday treats to reviews on the things that touch our lives as parents (think highchairs, naptimes, etc). Her Instagram (@surrey_mama) is a symphony of pale washed colours and her gorgeous children and upbeat family life.
7. Nicky spinninplates.com – The tagline to this site is ‘Your guide to creating a calm, organised life’, which is temptation enough to visit. Spinnin Plates is a site and a community of people dedicated to improving their lives with smart goal trackers, a fitness challenge and a 7-day Calm Challenge. A great resource to help you become more mindful & achieve more.
8. Parenting Phils parentingphils.co.uk – Phil and Philippa are the “Parenting Phils” and they cast a wide net in their upbeat blog, with reviews, giveaways, gadgets plus the good, bag and ugly of parenting. We love the concept of “getting your Phil” of parenting. This site is finding its feet — we can’t wait to see where it will go.