This roasted cauliflower recipe is a healthy and satisfying vegan meal PLUS it provides 2 of your 5 a day!
Cook’s tip: Cooking the veg under foil steams them before they’re roasted so they’re tender inside and crisp outside.
Roasted cauliflower & sweet potato salad
- 1 cauliflower broken into small florets
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 tsp sweet or hot smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 250 g bag kale
- 2 tbsp smooth almond butter
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 125 g pack pomegranate seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Place the cauliflower and sweet potato on a large roasting tray and toss with the paprika and half the olive oil. Cover the tray with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil, stir and roast for a further 20 minutes until tender and crisp and browned on the edges.
- Meanwhile, drizzle the remaining 1 tbsp oil over the kale and using your hands, massage the leaves for 3-4 minutes (removing any large stems) until the leaves feel softened. Transfer to a large serving platter or bowl.
- For the dressing, whisk the almond butter, lemon juice, soy sauce and 2 tbsp warm water until smooth.
- Stir the roasted vegetables into the kale and drizzle with the almond butter dressing. Scatter over the pomegranate seeds and serve warm.