Try this lasagne with the vegetarians in your house, or meat lovers who want a change. It’s hearty and tasty.
Vegetable & chestnut lasagne
- 1 tbsp oil
- 750 g bag frozen essential Waitrose Grilled Vegetable Mix
- 200 g pack cooked and peeled chestnuts roughly chopped
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 300 g pack fresh lasagne sheets
- 250 g pack Italian Ricotta
- 50 ml milk
- 75 g cheddar grated
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the vegetables for 5 minutes. Add the chestnuts, tomatoes and 100ml water and cook for a further 5 minutes. Season.
- Place a little vegetable mix in a large serving dish about 30x20cm in size. Place 3 sheets of lasagne on top. Spoon over half the remaining vegetable mix and top with a further 3 sheets of lasagne. Add the remaining vegetable mix and then the final sheets of lasagne.
- Mix together the ricotta and milk, season and spread over the lasagne. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 30 minutes or until golden and bubbling.