Nothing beats roast parsnips as a side dish. This lovely roasted veg is delicious and easy to make.
Sticky roast parsnips & carrots
- 500 g parsnips peeled and quartered
- 500 g carrots peeled and quartered
- 2 tbsp demerara sugar
- ½ x 20g pack thyme plus extra to serve
- 25 g butter cubed
- 250 ml dry white wine or orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, gas mark 7. Toss the parsnips and carrots with the sugar and spread over a large roasting tray. Top with the thyme, butter and wine or orange juice. Season to taste.
- Roast, turning once, for 30-35 minutes or until golden and caramelised. Top with extra thyme to serve.