Toffee, apples, vanilla — need we say more about this stellar combination?
Toffee apple pancakes with vanilla ice cream
Servings: 4 people
- 40 g butter
- 4 apples cored and cut into thin wedges
- 3 tbsp clear honey
- 3 tbsp light brown soft sugar
- 480 g pack 8 Pancakes
- 4 generous scoops Carte D’Or Vanilla Ice Cream
- 25 g hazelnuts chopped and toasted
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan. Add the apple wedges and fry for 3 minutes until beginning to soften and turn golden.
- Stir through the honey and sprinkle over the brown sugar. Continue to cook for a further 4 minutes until sticky and glazed.
- Warm the pancakes in the microwave or oven, according to the packet instructions.
- Divide the toffee apples between the warmed pancakes then fold each one in half and in half again. Place 2 filled pancake cones on each plate and top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Drizzle over any sauce left in the pan and scatter with hazelnuts before serving.
Recipe and image courtesy of Waitrose & Partners