This recipe is as quick and easy as it is zippy with crunch and spice. By using premade pancakes (you can keep a package in the freezer) you can literally have these on the table in a quarter of an hour — perfect for midweek meals and last-minute suppers when everyone’s tummy is rumbling.
By finishing them off in the grill, you can a nice melted cheese topping, as dark and crispy as you like it. It’s also a fun way to sneak vegetables into your diet.
Hot chilli vegetable pancakes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 450 g pack crunchy vegetable stir fry
- 190 g jar hot chilli pesto
- 480 g pack 8 pancakes
- 50 g cheddar cheese grated
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the stir fry mix for 5 minutes. Add the pesto and 100ml water, and cook for 1 minute.
- Divide the stir fry between the 8 pancakes, roll up and transfer to a heatproof serving dish. Sprinkle over the cheese and place under a preheated grill for 2-3 minutes until golden.