It doesn’t seem like 5 minutes ago that I was sat here writing “Delegating Over the Summer Holiday” Round-up! Where did the summer go! Last year I found the first half term really difficult to get back into work mode, I pretty much procrastinated like a pro.
Don’t be like me though follow these top tips to getting your small business back on track after the summer downtime.
- Set your date for your ‘return to work’: Sherry from The Confident Mother talks about the importance of setting a specific back to work day. It helps with mentally preparing you, plus it’s useful to have a date that clients know they can start contacting you again.
- Do you still want what you’re aiming for? : Amanda from VACT reminds us how important it is to check back through our outstanding goals and ask yourself – Do I still want to achieve them? Are they still important to me?
- Do I have a clear plan? : Once you have established your goals you will need to set a clear plan of action to execute them. Sherry’s post on Birds on the Blog has some great tips.
- Can you outsource? : Are there some jobs that you can outsource to help you get back on track? Carole from AlphaBake gives her feedback on why she started to outsource and how she makes diarised time for her family.
- How can you move on from the to do list? : I don’t know about you but my to do list is buckling under the strain of staying on one sheet of paper! You need to be honest with the stuff on that to-do list and the business you want. Spend some time actually reading your list. Are you realistically going to do it? Are you just moving it from list to list? What impact will it have upon your business? Amanda from Your Executive Secretary talks you through getting passed the list and onto actual business.
- Want to work better? De-clutter! : If you want to work more effectively and can’t it’s probably your environment. As the saying goes “tidy space, tidy mind”. Take some time to clear up all the mess and clutter from your desk. You’ll be surprised how productive you feel, for more tips check out my blog JoanneDewberry.co.uk
Next month I’ll be looking at “How to get yourself in the press!” If you have any suitable posts tweet me @charliemoos
See you next month!