Marco Pierre White hung out with BritMums bloggers talking about all things turkey-related with our Lean on Turkey campaign. (Watch the full hangout for tips on turkey preparation, stuffing, sprouts and more)
And what’s turkey at this time of year without stuffing? Marco gave us tips that makes cooking special turkey dinners, Sunday lunch or other meals easier than ever.
Here we share with you his suggestion for a simple sage and onion stuffing, which uses Paxo or other boxed stuffing mix.
Sage and onion stuffing
- 1 onion sliced
- 25 g butter
- 400 g Paxo stuffing mix - use 33% less water than advised on the box
- 400 g sausage meat
- 400 ml boiling water
- handful of sage leaves chopped
- salt and pepper to season
- Fry the onions until softened in the butter and then add the sage.
- Pour the boiling water over the Paxo mix in a bowl and mix together, stir in the onions and leave to cool.
- Add the sausage meat to the Paxo mix and combine well. It is now ready for use.
- Use to stuff the neck of the bird and roll the remainder into balls or place in a 1k loaf tin, cover with a sprinkle of extra sage leaves and bake with the turkey for 30 - 40 minutes.
- Drain off any fat and served sliced with the turkey meat.
Watch the full BritMums video with Marco to hear more tips to make Christmas dinner stress-free and delicious.
Check out these great turkey, stuffing & cranberry sauce recipes: