Marco Pierre White hung out with BritMums bloggers talking about all things turkey-related. Naturally that includes how to make stuffing! This sage and onion stuffing recipe is delicious and easy, using Paxo stuffing mix and Marco’s own touches.
(If you’re want to know how to cook turkey dinners from a professional chef, watch the full hangout for tips on turkey preparation, stuffing, sprouts and more.)
How to use this sage & onion stuffing
Marco suggests stuffing the neck of the bird and using the rest to cook separately in the oven. You can roll it into balls or spread into a loaf tin. Top with sage leaves and pop in the oven. We like to keep some cooked stuffing balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator to have with leftover turkey…or whatever else strikes our fancy! You can also use this recipe to cook stuffed acorn squash, make bacon-wrapped stuffing bites, create a leftover casserole with vegetables or meat, even with broth in a soup.
Best of all, you don’t need to wait for special holidays — stuffing is great for Sunday lunch, family meals, even casual suppers!
How to make Marco Pierre White’s sage and onion stuffing
Make Marco’s recipe for a simple sage and onion stuffing, which uses Paxo or other boxed stuffing mix, for a delicious addition to your plate!
Sage and Onion stuffing
- 1 onion, sliced
- 25 g butter
- handful of sage leaves chopped
- 400 g Paxo stuffing mix - use 33% less water than advised on the box
- 400 g sausage meat
- 400 ml boiling water
- salt and pepper to season
- Fry the onions until softened in the butter and then add the sage.
- Pour the boiling water over the Paxo mix in a bowl and mix together, stir in the onions and leave to cool.
- Add the sausage meat to the Paxo mix and combine well. It is now ready for use.
- Use to stuff the neck of the bird and roll the remainder into balls or place in a 1k loaf tin, cover with a sprinkle of extra sage leaves and bake with the turkey for 30 - 40 minutes.
- Drain off any fat and served sliced with the turkey meat.
Watch the full BritMums video with Marco to hear more tips to make Christmas dinner stress-free and delicious.
Check out these great turkey, stuffing & cranberry sauce recipes: