While this time of year perversely heralds the arrival both of Easter chocolate and the first magazine bikini diets, it’s unquestionably the season of renewal and colour, a moment when you don’t just want to leave the new beginnings only to the flora.
You start to think of dressing differently, looking different, even giving your home a makeover, and what better way to liven up than with a fresh burst of colour?
At our next #mycolours Twitter party, we’ll be talking about ways to reinvent your wardrobe and pep up your home with colour.
Mon 4 Apr
13:00 – 14:00
Sponsored by DYLON, the party will feature our first “blogger hostess” – the inimitable Maggy from Red Ted Art, whom many of you know for her brilliant crafting ideas. She’ll be on hand to talk tips about using colour and dye for projects and crafts.
We’ll also learn more about ways to use dyes from our sponsor. For example, did you know that you can use fabric dyes to:
- Capitalise on fashion’s colour blocking trend to inject vibrant shades into your wardrobe
- Complement a bright feature wall by dyeing cushions and throws in sympathetic vivid colours
- Give your bathroom a spring update by dyeing towels, face clothes and bath mats with Easter egg blues, greens or yellows
- Revive your faded black jeans, little black dress or trusty black leggings with black dye
- Get out the children’s greying white t-shirts and do a tie-dye project.
But we want your best tips for accenting your look or home design with colour too! Tweet your tips during the party and you’ll be entered to win a Colour and Make Up Consultation from Colour Me Beautiful. Three runners-up will also win £50 worth of makeup vouchers, with all winners bagging a selection of DYLON home dyes.
Be your own stylist or home designer using colour. Start collecting your own tips now, and see you on April 4!