The BiBs 2014
BritMums highlights the best of parent lifestyle blogging in our Brilliance in Blogging Awards – the BiBs. It’s an opportunity to recognise the most creative, inventive and compelling blogging of the year! Last year more than 200,000 nominations and votes were cast – making it one of the UK’s most popular blogger awards. BiBs Shortlist voting is open from from 29th April through midnight 16th May.
Tweet using #BiBs2014
Here’s how it works:
- Stage 1: Nominations: Bloggers nominate themselves or others in one (or several) of the 16 BiB categories (browse the categories now to see which you fit into). Nominations were open from 18th March and closed on 12th April at midnight.
- Stage 2: Shortlist: 16 people were chosen in each category to be included in the shortlist. This list is made up of the 11 with the most nominations, and 5 chosen by BritMums. The shortlist was announced on 29th April. See the shortlist now.
- Stage 3: Voting: The community votes for their favorites on the shortlist from 29th April through midnight 16th May.
- Stage 4: Finalists will be announced on 23rd May. 6 finalists will chosen in each category (4 with the most votes and 2 chosen by BritMums).
- Stage 5: Winners, chosen by the category judge, will be announced on the evening of 20th June 2014 at BritMums Live. Everyone attending BritMums Live is invited. All finalists are invited to attend the BiBs Awards Party and Ceremony, presented by the fabulous Katy Hill, from 18.30 – 21.00. (Sorry, no guests or plus-ones.)
About the awards mechanism
We have a two-tiered judging system — incorporating public votes and a judging panel. In this way, the awards reward those bloggers who, through high-quality blogging, have won a wide audience, while also allowing those with excellent blogs who are beginning to build up their blogs and networks to gain recognition.