Stayed tuned for information on The BiBs 2014…
The BiBs 2013
BritMums highlights the best of parent blogging in our Brilliance in Blogging Awards – the BiBs. It’s an opportunity to recognise the most creative, inventive and compelling blogging of the year!
Here’s how it works:
- Stage 1: Nominations: Bloggers nominated themselves or others in one (or several) of the 16 BiB categories. Nominations opened on 18th March and closed on 12th April at midnight.
- Stage 2: Shortlist: 16 people were chosen in each category to be included in the shortlist. This list is made up of the 11 with the most nominations, and 5 chosen by BritMums. The shortlist was announced on 22 April.
- Stage 3: Voting: The community voted for their favorites on the shortlist from 22 April through midnight 12th May.
- Stage 4: Finalists were announced on 22 May. 6 finalists were chosen in each category (4 with the most votes and 2 chosen by BritMums)
- Stage 5: Winners were announced on the evening of 21 June 2013 at BritMums Live! Everyone attending BritMums Live was invited. All finalists were invited to attend the BiBs Awards Party and Ceremony from 18.30 – 21.00. (Sorry, no guests or plus-ones.) The winners were chosen by the category judge.
Tweet using #bibs. Find out more
About the awards mechanism
We have a two-tiered judging system – incorporating public votes and a judging panel. In this way, the awards reward those bloggers who, through high-quality blogging, have won a wide audience, while also allowing those with excellent blogs who are beginning to build up their blogs and networks to gain recognition.