The BiBs 2016 are HERE!
What’s happening now:
Vote for Shortlisted Blogs!
BritMums highlights the best of parent lifestyle blogging in our Brilliance in Blogging Awards – the BiBs. It recognises the most creative, inventive and compelling blogging of the year! Last year more than 200,000 nominations and votes were cast – making it one of the UK’s most popular blogger awards. And this year, we have an updated list of categories that fit the evolving world of blogging and social influencers.
Tweet using #BiBs2016
Here’s how it works:
- Stage 1: Nominations: Bloggers nominate themselves or others in one (or several) of the BiB categories. Nominations are open from 17th March and close on 13th April at midnight.
- Stage 2: Shortlist: 10 people will be chosen in each category to be included in the shortlist. This list is made up of the 5 with the most nominations, and 5 chosen by BritMums/judges. The shortlist will be announced on Friday 29th April.
- Stage 3: Voting: The community votes for their favorites on the shortlist from Friday 29th April through midnight Wednesday 18th May. You can vote here NOW!
- Stage 4: Finalists will be announced on Friday 27th May. 5 finalists will chosen in each category (3 with the most votes and 2 chosen by BritMums).
- Stage 5: Winners, chosen by the category judge, will be announced on the evening of 25 June 2016 at BritMums Live 2016 (#BML16). Everyone attending BritMums Live is invited to attend the BiBs celebration. All finalists are invited to attend the BiBs Awards Party and Ceremony, from 17.15 – 19.30. (Sorry, no guests or plus-ones.)
About the awards mechanism
We have a two-tiered judging system — incorporating public votes and a judging panel. In this way, the awards reward those bloggers who, through high-quality blogging, have won a wide audience, while also allowing those with excellent blogs who are just starting to build their brand to also gain recognition.