Mark your calendars!
10 March 2011
13:00 – 14:00
The #springclean Twitter party – tweet your tips, get advice and maybe win a prize!
The daffodils are blooming, half term has arrived, the weather’s increasingly mild (where it’s not snowing, that is) – there’s no doubt that other sign of spring will soon be here: spring cleaning.
It’s not just Fifties housewives who enjoy sitting down in an orderly environment with a fresh frame of mind. There’s something refreshing about the whole family knuckling down and shaking off the cobwebs of winter.
And it’s not just about pulling on the Marigolds and wiping round all the way around the cooker. Besides that good old standby dust, you need to take precautions to avoid pests that even the cleanest households can suffer from – bedbugs, moths, rodents – all of which are on the increase in the UK.
What are your tips for getting organised and making a clean sweep in the house? Come share your tricks at our #springcleaning Twitter party on Thursday March 10 at 13:00. We want to know everything from your special tap-descaling tactics to what you use to keep the unwanted furry friends away!
Sponsoring our party is Rentokil Pest Control, a pest control global leader, operating in 50 international markets with 650 pest control technicians across the UK. They know how to get to rid of everything from fleas, wasps and bees to ants and (shudder) cockroaches.
Plus, there are prizes!
Tweet your tip with the #springcleaning hashtag and you are eligible to win:
* A Grand Prize of an intensive spring clean for your home by professional cleaners
* Second and third prizes of a basket of cleaning and pest control products – everything you need for a spic-and-span home – worth at least £50 each.
Read on for terms and conditions
Mark your diaries now and see you on Twitter on 10 March!
Some British Mummy Blogger Terms and Conditions you should know about:
• The #springcleaning Twitter Party competition is open to people aged 18 and over with a valid Twitter account who are resident in the United Kingdom.
• All postings using the hashtag #springcleaning will automatically be entered into the competition. It is a condition of entry that all postings are subject to the terms and conditions. Submission of a posting will be taken to mean acceptance of the above rules and terms and conditions. Each participant may enter one (1) time during the entry period.
• All entries must be received by 14:00 March 10, 2011 BST.
• Winners will be chosen at random from users who tweet a message including #springcleaning.
• Winners will be notified via DM to the Twitter account they used for the party. They have 48 hours to respond and claim their prize after being notified, after which time the prize will be considered unclaimed and will be re-assigned using a random selection method.
• Prizes are administered separately from British Mummy Bloggers (BMB). BMB, its partners and agents are cannot be held responsible for problems related to fulfilment of prizes including non-delivery or substitution due to original prize being unavailable.
• It’s the responsibility of the winner to ensure they are eligible to receive the prize. The winner is solely responsible for travel costs, insurance, applicable taxes and for any costs, expenses and charges not specified as being included in the prize description in the competition information.
• The promoters accept no responsibility for technical difficulties which may result in Tweets not appearing in the Twitter stream as viewed via Twitter.com and therefore not eligible.
• Tweets with the Party hashtag(s) may be used in promotional materials for BMB, published on the BMB network, used on Twitter, and/or published in the BMB blog, or used by the party sponsor in a similar way. Participation will be taken as agreement for use of material in this way.
• Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of a prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.