One of the most hotly anticipated parts of BritMums Live is the Literary Dragon’s Den. We’re delighted to feature the agents Luigi Bonomi Associates in the Den, where they will be listening to your book ideas and pitches and giving you one-to-one feedback.
The folks at LBA are friendly, knowledgeable and enthusiastic about hearing your projects. Come prepared and you’ll get an inside track on how to get your book published!
Here’s how the Literary Dragon’s Den works:
* When you arrive for Registration at BritMums Live there will be a sign up sheet for the Dragon’s Den timeslots. There will be 28 10-minute slots to meet with one of the LBA agents, Amanda Preston Adja (pronounced I-da) Vucicevic and Luigi Bonomi himself. It’s first come, first served so be sure to arrive early and ask at the Registration desk about signing up.
* At 16:15 the sessions kick off in the room just to the left of the Brewery entrance in the foyer. You should arrive at least 10 minutes early for your session, so the moment your slot starts, you can get started.
* A BritMums rep will check your name off the list and notify you when you time slot starts. You’ll sit down individually with one of the LBA agents to pitch your book idea, get feedback and move your project forward.
* When you’re time’s up, the BritMums rep will announce it. We’ll be strict with time-keeping so everyone gets their allotted time. We ask that you please be considerate.
What you should bring to make the most of the Dragon’s Den:
– A short outline or précis of your book or story
– Your burning questions, whether they are about the direction your manuscript is taking, voice or subject matter
– An idea of how your book is different from everything else that’s out there
Please note: The agents won’t be able to take away any materials and while they’ll be dispensing advice, this isn’t a guarantee that LBA will be able to represent you.
See you at BritMums Live.