Vibrant and earthy, beetroot makes a bold statement here but the subtle oak-smoked salmon and herby dill add a beautiful contrast for a well-balanced dish. This recipe will soon become your favourite smoked salmon salad recipe!
Skandi-style smoked salmon salad with beetroot
- 650 g Charlotte Potatoes
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced into rings
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 125 g Baby Beetroot In Mild Vinegar halved and sliced
- 100 g Watercress
- 200 g packs Scottish Smoked Salmon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp chopped dill plus extra to garnish
- Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling water for 15-20 minutes until tender. Drain and thickly slice.
- Meanwhile, place the red onion in a shallow bowl and pour over the white wine vinegar. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Arrange the warm potatoes, beetroot and watercress on a platter or four serving plates. Drain the red onion, reserving 1 tbsp of the vinegar, and scatter over the salad. Tear the salmon into wide strips and arrange on top.
- Using a fork, whisk together the reserved 1 tbsp vinegar, olive oil, honey, mustard and chopped dill. Spoon the dressing over the salad, scatter over a few extra sprigs of dill and grind over some black pepper to serve.