We love Brussels sprouts and this recipe serves them up with a twist.
Brussels sprouts with lemon, pecan & sage recipe
Cook's tip: A day before, trim the sprouts and make the flavoured butter. Keep separately in the fridge. Toast the nuts and keep covered at room temperature. Cook and assemble on the day. Adjust the cooking time to the doneness you like in your sprouts.
- 600 g Brussels sprouts trimmed
- 150 g pack Pecans
- 50 g butter softened
- 1 red chilli deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped sage
- Zest and juice ½ lemon
- Cook the Brussels sprouts in boiling water for 8-10 minutes or until just tender. Drain and return to the pan.
- Meanwhile, dry-fry the pecans for 1-2 minutes until golden. Set aside.
- Mix together the butter, chilli, sage, lemon zest and juice. Season well. Stir into the hot sprouts with the toasted pecans.