We love peas in our house and eat them all the time but when we started working with Birds Eye on ways to #MixUpYourMenu — using family favourites such as peas, fish fingers and chicken chargrills in innovative dishes.
I was inspired by a recipe I found from The Cowgirl Chef. This uses the favourites of peas and mint with a few other ingredients for a great snack, lunch accompaniment or even nibbles at a party. The fact that it takes only minutes to make? Well, that’s just a bonus.
Pea pesto tapenade
- 2 cups frozen Birds Eye peas
- 6 fresh mint leaves torn or chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 shallot finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- sea salt
- black pepper
- Cook and drain the peas according to the directions
- In a small pan, soften the shallots
- Combine the peas, shallots and the rest of the ingredients in a bowl
- Use a small hand mixer to roughly combine until you get the texture you prefer
- Add more oil for a looser spread