I’m not going to start by saying something terribly cliché like I can’t believe it’s February already, but boy, blink and you’ll miss it! We’re fast approaching Valentine’s day, Easter and my daughter’s 4th birthday! 4th! It seems like it was only yesterday we were struggling to get pregnant, yet forever that she has been in our lives.
Anyway, what have the newbie bloggers been up to this month? Keeping me on my toes, that what! With stacks of amazing posts, making it super hard for me to narrow them down and share them in this post. With this in mind, I decided to write a list post, as I love a list *SmileyFace*. That way I will be able to shout about many more amazing new bloggers that you really should be keeping an eye on. Here goes;
- Sarcastic Muslim Mama – Baby 1 vs Baby 2. Muslim Mama writes with such honesty and humour, I was hooked straight away. In this post, she gives a funny account of the differences between the 1st and 2nd child.
- Coffee & Bubbles: A Mother’s Blog – How Doing The Dishes Might Just Save Your Marriage. Harriet writes beautifully and this post had me invested straight away, I really enjoyed her style and can’t wait to read more.
- Picture-Taker Memory-Maker – Let her grow. This blog, written by Chloe, is filled with beautiful writing and stunning images. Definitely one to put on your regular reading list.
- Devon Mama – 6 stages of making new mum friends. I really enjoyed this post from Hayley. She perfectly sums up ‘mum friends’. Making new friends after children can be so difficult can’t it?!
- Porridge & Parenting – A handy guide to making new ‘mum friends’. Sam also shared a funny and honest account of making new mum friends. This post is such a fun read.
- Mama Cat + Baby Bee – We Marched for a New World. In this short, but perfect post, Mama Cat highlighted the alarming situation we have in the US at the moment.
- Dear Bear + Beany – Living With Post Natal Depression Behind Closed Doors… This blog is a regular read of mine and I applaud Laura for being so brave in sharing her PND story. It’s bravery like this that helps other women so much.
- The Newby Tribe – The Dream Versus The Reality. This post from Cherry is such a lovely warm read. I really enjoyed her comparison between the dream of what she thought things would be like when she became a mum and the reality when, thankfully, it became her reality.
- Nomipalony – Other mothers at the school gates. Nyomi always writes with such beauty and poignance; this post being no exception. Such a wonderful read, I urge you to check it out.
- Shinners & The Brood – If playdates came with a warning. I’m so glad I found this stylish, super cool blog. Written with brilliance and humour by Sinead. This is one surely to watch for a BiBs Newbie nomination this year?!
- The Incidental Parent – I. Hate. Mornings. This is a new read for me, but I really enjoyed Erica’s funny and frank post about her dislike for mornings. I totally agree with her too! She has such a lovely writing style.
- Somewhere after the rainbow – 5 years ago today you were born sleeping. I don’t really have any words to describe this post. I cannot begin to imagine to pain Gemma has gone through, nor can I encapsulate, in words, how much respect and admiration I have for the courage she has shown in sharing her story.
- Then I became mum – Dear other mum – What I wish I’d said. Nadine sums up in this beautifully written post, what many of us have been on both sides of. I have been the mum feeling desperate and I have also seen many mums who were feeling the same. This is a truly lovely post.
So, there you have it, 13 bloggers to watch for 2017. Follow them on social and sign up to their newsletters, you know you want to!