Here are 5 top tips for driving traffic to your website/blog :
- Be professional : The Talented Ladies Club has some great tips for ensuring that your blog comes across as professional. From proof reading every blog to ensure your spelling and grammar are correct to checking that your site navigation and links all work properly. This is really important as Google doesn’t like broken links!
- Online Networking : Find small business/blogging groups on Facebook or communities on Google+ where you can share content, chat to others and develop relationships that will build your following. Join in with # chats on Twitter especially local ones like #DorsetHour #HampshireHour etc … where you can meet and interact with local small businesses. Becky Bedbug has an extensive list of twitter chats, days and times.
- Update old content : We all know content is king but I regularly edit old content to make it more user friendly and up to date. Bloggers Required suggests updating your images which has become more important now with the rise of Pinterest most of my old posts have tiny images not at all Pinterest friendly!
- Social Media : There are 100’s of great blog posts on using social media to drive traffic and I’ve chosen this Twitter one by Forever Amber as although the points are very basic having a great bio, your URL in the description etc … so many people still don’t do this! WHY? She also suggests pinning a tweet. This is a great way to drive traffic to a particular blog post but also looks more professional to new followers, than the last tweet which is out of context and maybe not profound!
- Building Backlinks : Babi a Fi has a great list of 50 ways to build backlinks. Backlinks have the potential to drive traffic to your blog and they help improve domain authority and search engine ranking.
If you have any top tips for driving traffic to your blog/website do share them in the comments. Next month’s theme is networking. Please do tweet your blog links to @CharlieMoos.