We all know in order to run a successful small business we need to advertise. The continual rise of social media and advances in mobile technology mean it has become easier to reach your target audience. But with this comes all the noise, there is so much happening online all the time on multiple platforms and it can be mind boggling! This month I’m taking a look at Twitter with some top tips for using twitter for your small business.
Firstly you need to set up a twitter account. Although this is basic information it can be easy to assume that everyone has an account and understands how twitter actually works and the lingo RT, DM they can sound like a foreign language.
- Twitter Bio : Your bio is what tells people about you and your business. You only have 160 characters in which to “sell” yourself, I find it useful to write a list of what I want people to know. Then of course there is the talent of condensing that into 160 characters.
- Growing Your Twitter Following : These 10 easy tips from Eilidh from Mummy and Monkeys are great tips. I whole heartily agree with auto DM’s when someone follows you. It’s the worst! I want someone to engage with me, develop a relationship and be interested I do not sending me their life story as soon as I follow. Engage. Remember it’s social media.
- Don’t Link Dump : Naomi from Tattooed Mummy has some great suggestions on how to promote your business without link dumping or just auto sharing from Facebook all the time.
- Create a Twitter Schedule : Do you have a twitter plan or do you tweet when you remember? This isn’t great for developing relationships nor promoting your small business. However don’t fret Vicky Charles will show you how to create a twitter schedule.
- Small Business Support : It’s one of my pet hates sitting on the phone for hours waiting to get some assistance but did you know most companies have a dedicated support team on twitter. No really they do Sabrina’s Admin Services has some top tips to communicating on twitter with tech support.
- #Journorequest : We looked at this last month but if you still aren’t using it you really should. Sixth Sense PR has a great post on why you should be utilising #journorequests
Next month I’ll be looking at “Setting Goals for 2017 “ I know right where did 2016 go! If you have any suitable posts tweet me @charliemoos
See you next month!