We're having BMB's first Twitter and you're invited!
UPDATE: the spa prize has been updated to a £350 value. The Rainy Days prize now includes 4 nylon umbrellas.
How it works: The party is an online gathering on Twitter on Tuesday 12 Oct from 13:00 – 14:00 about how to have a savvy half term. Taking part is easy: all you have to do is tweet a tip, a link, a nugget of advice on how to maintain your sanity and have fun over the half term – making sure to use the hashtag #savvyhalfterm.
Then follow the #savvyhalfterm conversation to get tips and advice from other bloggers.
By taking part you'll be entered to win one of the fabulous prizes listed below from our sponsor SuperSavvyMe.com. Supersavvyme.com is a website for UK women who want to be savvier and smarter with their time and money, helping them get the most out of life the savvy way. It has the fantastic Savvy Guide to Keeping the Kids Entertained, with more than 60 creative suggestions, many contributed by BMB members.
Busy on Tuesday? Join in early by tweeting your tip with the hashtag #savvyhalfterm now to be entered to win one of the fantastic prizes.
A list of the #savvyhalfterm prizes
This half term you can be:
• Cooking with the kids – Win a 2 kids cooking starter kits (a bowl, spoon, silicone bun tray, recipe card), 2 apron and chef’s hat sets, 2 cookie cutter sets, a Truly Scrumptious Children’s Recipe Cookbook and a Cook with Kids Cookbook for Mum
• Having movie time – Win a 12-month unlimited Love Film membership along with a popcorn maker and ice-cream maker
• Picnicking – Win a 4-person picnic backpack including 4 x dinner plates, 4 x bowls, 4 x virtually unbreakable wine glasses, 4 x stainless steel knives, forks and spoons, 1 x cheese knife, 4 x cotton napkins, 1 x cotton table cloth, 1 x wooden chopping board, 1 x cruet set and 1 x waiter’s friend
• Or enjoying the rain – Win 2 pairs of adult original Hunter wellies and 2 pairs of kids classic Hunter wellies and 4 nylon umbrellas
And what about time to yourself? You will also be eligible for some post-half-term pampering, with a chance to win:
• One of 5 Procter & Gamble beauty packs – A hamper overflowing with P&G products for recharging
• A GRAND PRIZE of a luxurious spa package – Completely relax, unwind and be pampered with treatments of your choice at Champneys. A £350 value. *Travel not included*
Some British Mummy Blogger Terms and Conditions you should know about:
• The Savvy Half Term Twitter Party competition is open to people aged 18 and over with a valid Twitter account who are resident in the United Kingdom.
• All postings using the hashtag #savvyhalfterm or #savvyhalfterms will automatically be entered into the competition. It is a condition of entry that all postings are subject to the terms and conditions. Submission of a posting will be taken to mean acceptance of the above rules and terms and conditions. Each participant may enter one (1) time during the entry period.
• All entries must be received by 14:00 October 12, 2010 BST.
• Winners will be chosen at random from users who tweet a message including #savvyhalfterm or #savvyhalfterms.
• Winners will be notified via DM to the Twitter account they used for the party. They have 48 hours to respond and claim their prize after being notified, after which time the prize will be considered unclaimed and will be re-assigned using a random selection method.
• Prizes are administered separately from British Mummy Bloggers (BMB). BMB, its partners and agents are cannot be held responsible for problems related to fulfilment of prizes including non-delivery or substitution due to original prize being unavailable.
• It’s the responsibility of the winner to ensure they are eligible to receive the prize. The winner is solely responsible for travel costs, insurance, applicable taxes and for any costs, expenses and charges not specified as being included in the prize description in the competition information.
• The promoters accept no responsibility for technical difficulties which may result in Tweets not appearing in the Twitter stream as viewed via Twitter.com and therefore not eligible.
• Tweets with the Party hashtag(s) may be used in promotional materials for BMB, published on the BMB network, used on Twitter, and/or published in the BMB blog. Participation will be taken as agreement for use of material in this way.
• Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of a prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.