Hello and welcome to the brand new BritMums Instagram Round-up! I’m really delighted to be bringing you this feature each month. Instagram is my happy place and there is a definite buzz around it at the moment so it’s great to be writing about it here.
With this round-up, I aim to celebrate Instagrammers within the BritMums community, as well as bringing you the technical know-how on how to improve your Instagram feed and make it work for you and your blogs.
I recently took the five day Makelight e-course: Learn to take beautiful photographs, by Emily Quinton. Not only will this make you want to run to the nearest florists buy a bunch of flowers only to deadhead them to make an enviable flat lay. It teaches you perspective, the importance of backgrounds and to think consciously about when and how you will take your photographs.
For brilliant tips on how to develop your Instagram style then look no further than this series of posts from the lovely Capture by Lucy. I have implemented Lucy’s tips and I’m excited to see my following and engagement continue to grow.
Instagram has a real community feel to it and there are lots of organised hashtags to get involved with. The beauty of this is it’s easy to find a hashtag to join that encompasses something you are interested in photographing. Some hashtags ask you to join in with just one ongoing theme such as the #LittleFierceOnes community started by myself and Aby of You Baby Me Mummy. Others set a different prompt each week, just like this one from Maggy at Red Ted Art and Ali Clifford with A Greener Life For Us Instagram Challenge.
There are lots of informative posts from bloggers exploring the whys and hows of Instagram. A really good place to start is this post from Inside Martyn’s Thoughts and his 7 basic Instagram tips.
I also found a really good post exploring the benefits of Instagram to bloggers written by Pinkoddy. Joy also focuses on how we can support other bloggers easily on Instagram.
Another great way to use Instagram is demonstrated by Helpful Mum who uses Instagram as a lovely way to document what has made her happy each week.
Finally, to finish each Round-up off each month I will be picking out my top Instagrammers to follow, hopefully, you will find their feeds as inspirational as I do.
Here are my top 5 favourite Instagrammers for November:
- @befitsnacks If you like healthy snacking you will love this feed, oh and a staggering 1.7 million people agree with me on this one!
- @fableandfolk a wonderfully earthy and adventurous feed from Annie that will make you want to get out into the wild and explore.
- @quitefrankleyshesaid Sian has very cleverly got a definite theme running through her gorgeous feed, pop over and see if you can spot what it is.
- @youbabymemummy shows us images of her delightful daughter and draws you in every time with the most beautifully heartfelt quotes and microblogging at its best.
- @beatriceandfinch is the Instagram feed that dreams are made of; this feed is completely magical and a must follow.
That’s all from me for this month, if you have written a blog post about Instagram or you’re proud of your Instagram feed then please do give me a shout on social media I would love to hear from you!