Children have strong and creative imaginations, something we want to nurture and encourage — but how to do that? BritMums held the #PlaytheHero Hangout On Air with psychologist Chireal Shallow and 7 parent bloggers and we got slew of tips, advice and inspiration. The hangout was sponsored by Philips Lighting and celebrates the launch of the Spider-Man day and night lights that children can use in their rooms. These lights were designed to inspire your little heroes’ creativity, projecting a world of light around them to make playtime more vivid.
The hangout reveals:
- How much should I schedule activities during the holidays to encourage imaginative play?
- If a child plays the same game over and over, should we encourage them to branch out?
- What are the good imaginative car games?
- How to get kids of different ages to play imaginatively and cooperatively
- If kids are worried about something, should we encourage them to play out scenarios?
- How to play imaginatively with your children while still letting them lead
- Whether bedtime stories spark bad dreams or nightlights disturb sleep
Connect with our blogger guests on their blog and G+ pages: