Right! We’ve been talking about it all year long and we’re going to highlight it today. What, might you ask, am I on about? VIDEO BLOGGING!!! It’s taking the US Blogging Community by STORM! It’s slowly but surely creeping into the UK Blogosphere and we want to step it up a notch! You’ve got nothing to lose and everything to gain.
This week, instead of Good READS, we’re highlighting Good VIDS on the BritMums network. Our video bloggers have worked hard to produce some great videos for you on a wealth of topics. We’re highlighting 10 of the most recent uploads to the BritMums network but there are tons more to browse through. Take some time to have a look at what these bloggers are doing. It’s not rocket science. In fact, it’s usually just a blogger talking to the camera. Simple yet entirely effective! Roll tape…
- Our resident Geekmummy and her Hubby sidekick tackle the subject of Maternal Instinct. How great is it to have a Daddy perspective…and how great they can laugh about it!
- Dazed but Enthused Katie shares her perspective on Mummy Me Time and we get to see a rather lovely & funky new hair colour that she managed to achieve as a result of her “Me” time.
- Tamsin Constable is enjoying the change of the seasons and shows us how pleasant it can be. Dark Night? Get Out! is a great inspiration for Half Term week.
- We love how Janis, from ReallyKidFriendly, talks to us about Maternal Instinct and how she’s not so sure that she has it! (We’re pretty sure that Janis has it!)
- Lost for dinner inspiration! Look no further than Marianne Whooley’s Spaghetti alla Pescatora for tonight. It’s GORGEOUS! We love Mari’s recipe vlogs…she knows how to inspire!
- Becky from Baby Budgeting is opening up about SAD and the Winter months in Bad Weather Blues.
- The crafting goddess, Maggy of Red Ted Art, shows us a SPOOKTACULAR Halloween craft that can easily be accomplished with the kids. You’ll want to add this to your Half-Term arsenal!
- Do mothers make better parents? Knackered Mother, Helen, has a few thoughts on the subject. Boobs are involved!
- Our very own Jennifer Howze (aka Jenography.net) interviews an American author about whether Breast is Best. A great topic!
- We’re LOVING Peggy from Perfectly Happy Mum. She communicates what so many of us are feeling so beautifully in I am an anxious mum…there I said it!
We just LOVE video. It personalises the blogger…shows us who they are, what they sound like, what they look like and what they FEEL. You can communicate effectively through words, of course. But video can really open a door into the blogger behind the blog which takes your understanding of that person to a different level.
Yes, video blogging can be challenging and it’s not for everyone. You can tell when someone is uncomfortable in front of the camera and it can make for uncomfortable viewing but you don’t always have to be in front of the camera. You can be creative and try different methods. Video is actually quite fun and freeing…it’s a new thing you can wrap your head around and take your blog to a different audience.
We’ll continue to help, educate and inspire you to video blog on BritMums so watch this space and give it a go. You never know what video blogging might lead to for you!
Have a great week and Happy Vlogging!
(And while we’ve got you here, have a look at our latest Featured Video)