The BritMums blog is the voice of our blogging community. For bloggers, writing guest posts is a great opportunity to reach several thousand readers with your stories, best practices, successes and difficulties, tips and new ideas. Got a news story you want to spark conversation around? Share it and find out what others think. Want to blog something you learned about writing? This is a space to share.
We love conversation amongst our BritMums members and that includes guest post suggestions for the BritMums blog.
We want YOU
Yes, you. We’re always looking for new authors. If you’ve got an idea that will challenge our readers and move our industry forward, we want to hear about it. But you don’t need to wait for an idea that will redefine blogging! Just aim to bring readers a fresh perspective on a topic that’s keeping you up at night.
What kind of guest posts do we accept?
We welcome useful, interesting, well-written posts, with content focused on the wide variety of subjects related to parenting and parent blogging, personal stories or parents who blog. We feature posts about blogging, about being a parent, about relationships, about travel and food and health.
We do not take posts from SEO companies, so please don’t ask!
Have a look at the BritMums blog to see what we’ve included previously. And remember: guest posts aren’t restricted to text-only – we feature video blogs and photos as well!
BritMums members like to read about success stories of other parent bloggers—working successfully from home, writing a book and having it published, having their blog mentioned in the media, and so on. We also love really useful blogging tips.
Tips and mini tutorials on social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook and StumbleUpon are always helpful if they haven’t already been covered here or if there are recent updates, but we are also interested in information on the newer platforms or apps.
Tech talk without the jargon — such as why you believe Pinterest is fabulous, or how an iPad has helped with time management.
Have you discovered a new approach to something many of us would like to know about? Share it in a guest post!
Leading the conversation on the topics that get us really fired up — such as working with brands, how to bring your blog to a wider audience, intimate conversational blog vs. big branded blog — are all great topics to get people talking. If you have a new angle, or a new point to make, let’s hear it!
- Your post must be original and not published elsewhere on the Internet.
- Your submission should state clearly which name you would like the post credited to–your full name, just your first name, or a pen name.
- The post should run between 400 and 700 words, maximum. Please only include links if they are relevant to the subject you are writing about, such as a link to the book you have just published.
- The post should be sent as a word doc or within the body of the email.
- Include a 2-4 sentence bio for the byline (your name, blog name and possibly why you’re writing this post, or why you’re qualified to write the post).
- Please also include a link to your blog and a Twitter link (if you have one), and a headshot or other relevant image (such as a logo from your blog), and ensure this image is at least 200 x 200.
- Any images should be attached to the email as separate .jpegs, not included within the word document, please!
- Please respond to any comments from readers. Keep that conversation going!
- It would also be great if you promote your post on social media such as Twitter, Facebook, and Google+! We’ll be promoting it to thousands of people as well.
- We reserve the right to edit your post before it is published.
* * *
If you think you have a great topic contact us via info (at) britmums (dot) com and we’ll do our best to get back to you within the week.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!