I’m writing this post as we head into the second full week of summer holidays here in France. The break is eight weeks over here! I must admit I’m not finding the break very easy so far. Last year, we had just moved so we were unpacking and settling in. This year we’ve been struggling to find things to do and my lack of French language skills probably doesn’t help…. Today, we are spending packing as this week we return to the UK for Camp Bestival and we couldn’t be more excited to see our friends.
I had such a lovely time reading this month’s posts and I can’t wait to share them with you. If you’ve already started your summer break, then use this excuse to put the kettle on, give the kids their iPad time and get stuck in! Mama needs a break remember!
- 7 fun ice play activities – A Curious Journey
- Ditch summer holiday mum guilt – Mummy’s Waisted
- Story of a mum 16 years on – This Mummy Rocks
- The truth about maternity leave – New Mum Fun
- What to do when your baby won’t sleep – Welsh Mum Writing
- Preparing Your Child for BIG School – Independence – Popitha
- The joy of going on holiday with a 3 year old – Nippersnips
- The Red Box Project – The Mummy Monster Blog
- Improve your food photography fast – Wild Mama Wild Tribe
- How to book a budget family holiday – Thrifty Yorkshire Mum
I hope you have a wonderful summer. Try to resist the temptation to put too much pressure on yourself to make every day amazing. Kid’s don’t remember that stuff and it’s being together that counts, whatever you’re doing.
I actually have a gift for you this month. I created a 9 page spreadsheet content planner, which will help you keep track of all of your content, blog posts, videos and all social media, all in one place. Which might help you stay on track over summer. You can grab it here.
Have the best time, whatever you do. Take time for you (even 5 minutes here and there make a difference) and I’ll speak to you next month.