When it comes to nappy rash, the best solution is to protect against it before it happens. Our latest challenge — with Bepanthen, the trusted nappy care ointment — is all about providing protection for baby’s sensitive skin, against the causes of nappy rash.
Did you know that a newborn’s skin is thinner and also softer than adults, which makes it more sensitive to irritants, like those in wee and poo which can cause nappy rash.
Almost every baby develops nappy rash at some point, so protecting your baby from the start makes perfect sense, instead of waiting for your little one to suffer from a sore bottom. Bepanthen helps sensitive skin to repair its natural protective barrier while keeping it soft, smooth and moisturised. It is so gentle it can be used straight from birth and as often as required.
We’re looking for influencers who are mothers of babies up to 2 years old for the #BepanthenProtects Challenge. We’ll send you tubes of Bepanthen and a cuddly toy and want to hear when and how you incorporate Bepanthen into your routine to help protect your baby’s skin against the causes of nappy rash. We want to see your pictures and stories about your little one and protection against the causes of nappy rash. You’ll receive a Bepanthen hamper PLUS we’ve got 20+ shopping vouchers as prizes for taking part!
Please note: Bepanthen isn’t about treating, preventing or curing nappy rash – it’s about helping to care for your baby’s delicate skin and protect it from the causes of nappy rash.
More prizes and chances to win than ever!
Nearly £1,000 of prizes to be won! Take part and you could win: 1 of 20 £40 John Lewis shopping vouchers or a 1 grand prize of a £100 John Lewis shopping voucher!
How to take part in the #BepanthenProtects Challenge:
- Sign up to get your #BepanthenProtects Challenge delivery (Only the first 50 to sign up will receive them)
- Please use Bepanthen for 2 to 3 weeks as part of your daily routine before writing your #BepanthenProtects blog post (and remember, this is about protecting your baby’s delicate bottom from nappy rash, not treating nappy rash).
- Write your #BepanthenProtects blog post about how you use Bepanthen to help protect your baby against the causes of nappy rash. We’d love images that show your happy baby and where and how you use Bepanthen (in the bathroom after bathing, on the changing table in baby’s bedroom, in your handbag on the go).
- PRIZES: To be eligible for our expanded bounty of prizes, you must post by Monday 27 March 2019.
- Include text stating “This post is an entry for the #BepanthenProtects Challenge, sponsored by Bepanthen. Learn more about how to protect baby’s sensitive skin on https://www.bepanthen.co.uk/.”
- For more entries, post via Twitter, Instagram and Facebook – each channel will get you an extra entry! The blog post is mandatory. Use #ad and #BepanthenProtects in all posts and tag @BepanthenUK and @BritMums
- Email the URLs of your post and social shares to [email protected] with the subject headline: #BepanthenProtects.
Your posts will be entered into a draw for the chance to win 1 of 21 John Lewis shopping vouchers, courtesy of BritMums!
Don’t forget to read the Terms & Conditions.
Helpful info you may not know about nappy rash and Bepanthen
- A newborn baby’s skin is 40% thinner and also softer than adults, which makes it more sensitive to irritants, like those in wee and poo which can cause nappy rash when in contact with the skin. This is made worse by a tight nappy which both rubs and stops the air circulating.
- Bepanthen has a kind-to-skin formulation: No fragrances; No colours; No preservatives; No parabens; No antiseptics)
- Contains Provitamin B5 to help skin to repair its natural protective barrier
- Bepanthen is clinically proven: It forms a transparent, breathable layer, helping to protect your baby’s skin from the irritants and rubbing that can cause nappy rash
- Nappy rash affects 1 in 3 babies at some point , so protecting your baby’s bottom from getting red makes perfect sense, instead of waiting for your little one to suffer from a sore bottom.
- During the first 12 months nappy rash is especially common as stools are more frequent. Nappy rash can cause discomfort to little one. With nappy rash baby may cry when washed or touched and wake during the night due to discomfort, meaning sleepless nights all round!
- Bepanthen is so gentle it can be used straight from birth, including with premature babies and as often as required.
- The most common cause of nappy rash is a combination of soiled nappies and friction. Nappy rash is also more likely to occur if your baby is premature, unwell, recovering from vaccination, weaning, suffering from diarrhoea, or prone to hereditary eczema.
 Nappy Rash. NHS. Available at: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/nappy-rash/ Last accessed January 2019