Experience London at #BML17!
Sign up now!
Make the most of your time in London with these specially arranged activities just for #BML17 attendees. Below is all the information you need to sign up. But hurry! Spaces are limited and they will get booked up.
Step 1: Read through all the Experiences below to see which ones you’re interested in
Step 2: Double-check the timings to make sure the timings work with your travel
Step 3: Sign up via the link below the description
- #BML17 Experiences are strictly for registered attendees only
- You may sign up for yourself only
- Please share Experiences on social using the hashtag provided – the brands want to engage with you!
- If, after signing up, you can’t attend an experience, email [email protected] asap so someone else can enjoy it
- We’ll be sending out any additional info about experiences if it becomes available
- Places are not confirmed until you receive an email from us (coming shortly). Any questions, please email [email protected]
- Delegates participate in “Experiences” entirely at their own risk
Friday 29th September
SEA LIFE London (50 available) CLOSED
Friday 29th, 10 – 6 (last admission 5 pm) at County Hall
Step beneath the waves at SEA LIFE London to get closer than ever before to the creatures and features of the world’s oceans. Dare you look down as you walk over shark infested waters before heading to the Shark Reef Encounter where you can admire these awesome creatures face to face. Travel through the Ocean tunnel to see our enormous green sea turtles before heading towards colder shores. Continue your journey in the Antarctic, where you will experience life with our colony of Gentoo penguins before heading to our jelly-tastic finale – Ocean Invaders. Here you will enter the world of jellyfish as you understand all about their lifecycles, discover more about their incredible survival skills in our interactive game before being wowed by this fascinating creature.
- TIME: Friday, 10 – 6 (last admission 5 pm); self guided tour
- TICKET: Please supply address and we can send tickets in advance. Note we cannot replace tickets that are lost in the post.
- LOCATION: SEALife, County Hall, Westminster Bridge Road, Lambeth, London, SE1 7PB.
- HASHTAG: #BML17 and one for SEALIFE we will provide
- SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE! Post on Twitter and Instagram using the above hashtags. If you blog about it, send BritMums your link to share! [email protected]
Houses of Parliament Private Tour (50 available)
Friday 29th, 2:15 – 4:15 pm at Parliament
Order, Order! Join a fun and thought-provoking family guided tour of the Houses of Parliament just for BritMums bloggers! In the company of a friendly Visitor Assistant guide, you will discover the Commons Chamber (home to the Speaker’s Chair and the famous green benches) plus the magnificent Lords Chamber, medieval Westminster Hall and the heart of Parliament, Central Lobby. These tours are popular with children aged 7 to 12 visiting Parliament with adults. Website: www.parliament.uk/visit
- TIME: Arrive 2:15 to allow time to go through security. Tour – 2:30 – 4/4:15. Note: Do not bring any large bags or suitcases as they are not allowed inside the building.
- TICKET: No ticket required. Your name will be on a visitor list
- LOCATION: Go to Cromwell Green visitor entrance, Houses of Parliament, London SW1A 0AA and look for Maddy (BritMums bag).
- HASHTAG: #OrderOrder #BML17
- SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE! Post on Twitter and Instagram using #OrderOrder. If you blog about it, send BritMums your link to share! [email protected]
DreamWorks Tours Shrek’s Adventure! London (40 available) CLOSED
Friday 29th, 3.45 pm – 5.15 pm at County Hall
Set to delight and enthral families of all ages, Shrek’s Adventure! London is a world first immersive storytelling attraction that plunges children and adults alike into the hilarious world of Shrek, Donkey and their DreamWorks pals. The atmospheric attraction brings the fantastical worlds of DreamWorks and the Kingdom of Far Far Away vividly to life before guests’ eyes. Lovingly crafted and theatrically reimagined, the experience combines live action and iconic sets from the Shrek films with captivating storytelling, an amazing 4D bus ride*, jaw-dropping special effects and extraordinary DreamWorks animation. Guests are invited to step into and literally play their part in this extraordinary adventure helping to ‘save the day’ as the story unfolds with its multiple unexpected twists and turns.
- TIME: Friday 29th at at 4 pm please arrive at 3:45pm.
- LOCATION: Shrek’s Adventure! County Hall, Westminster Bridge Road, Lambeth, London, SE1 7PB.
- HASHTAG: #BML17 #SEALIFELondon & #ShreksAdventure
- SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE! Post on Twitter and Instagram using #BML17. If you blog about it, send BritMums your link to share! [email protected]
London Eye Private Capsule (25 available)
Friday 29th, 3.30 – 5 pm at London Eye
A Private Capsule is the ultimate way to experience the 360° views of London with your friends and family. Enjoy one of our 32 capsules for your own exclusive use over a 30-minute rotation. #EyeLoveLondon
- TIME: Friday 29th at 4 pm please arrive at 3:30 at the VIP desk next to Great British Fish & Chips restaurant.
- TICKET: Your name will be on a list!
- LOCATION: County Hall, Westminster Bridge Road, Lambeth, London, SE1 7PB.
- HASHTAG: #EyeLoveLondon #BML17
- SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE! Post on Twitter and Instagram using #EyeLoveLondon. If you blog about it, send BritMums your link to share! [email protected]
Instawalk of Southbank (50 available)
Friday 29th, 4.30 – 6.30 pm at Southbank area
On this Instagram walk you’ll get to capture the most photogenic bits of the South Bank, but along the way you’ll also get tips, advice and ideas from 2 influential bloggers and Instagramers, Maria Belfort of One Tiny Leap and Cathy Winston of Mummy Travels. They’ll be sharing their strategies for gaining followers and taking great pics as they lead you on an Instagram adventure full of fun and camaraderie.
- TIME: Friday 29th at 4:30 pm
- LOCATION: You’ll meet in the Southbank area. You’ll get an email with the exact location.
- HASHTAG: #BML17
- LOOK FOR: Maria Belfort & Cathy Winston
- SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE! Post on Instagram, tagging #BML17. If you blog about it, send BritMums your link to share! [email protected]
Saturday 30th September
Official BiBs City Cruises Party (available to all #BML17 attendees and #BiBs2017 finalists)
The Best Experience of the Weekend: Enjoy the all-day conference and celebrate the Brilliance in Blogging Awards with The Official BiBs City Cruises Party, starting at 7 pm!
We’ll walk straight to the boat as a group from the conference venue at 6.30 pm, immediately after the Bloggers Keynote. We need to be on the boat at 6.45pm!
Please RSVP so we know you’re coming! (If you are a finalist and have previously RSVP’ed to Nadine, you don’t need to do so again.)
Sunday 1st October
Big Bus Tours (50 available)
Sunday 1st at your leisure for this hop-on, hop-off tour
Big Bus Tours is ranked the number one open-top bus tour provider in London on TripAdvisor, so you can look forward to the best opportunity to explore the greatest city in the world.
With three routes included in your ticket, you’ll see all the must-see attractions that London has to offer as well as enjoying live guide commentary on the red route or a choice of recorded commentary in 12 languages on the blue and green routes. See the city from the water too with an included river cruise and explore the Mall and St James’ Park with a royal walking tour – every day at 11am from the Trafalgar Square stop.
Great views, great stories, a great Big Bus experience awaits.
See the routes and stop here. https://www.bigbustours.com/en/london/london-routes-and-tour-maps/
- TIME: Sunday 1st October at your leisure
- TICKETS: Pick up your tickets on Saturday at the #BML17 registration desk
- LOCATION: The closest stop to the #BML17 to hop on the Big Bus Tour is on York Road, which runs beside Waterloo Station (red and blue routes) or Trafalgar Square (green route).
- SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE! Post on Twitter, tagging @BigBusTours and #BML17. If you blog about it, send BritMums your link to share! [email protected]