Nothing beats roast parsnips as a side dish. This lovely roasted veg is delicious and easy to make.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes to 35 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes to 45 minutes
- Serves: 6
Cook’s tip: Peel and quarter the veg then toss with all the remaining ingredients other than the wine/orange juice and set aside in a food bag in the fridge. On the day, scatter into a roasting tin, add the wine/juice and cook as above.
500g parsnips, peeled and quartered
500g carrots, peeled and quartered
2 tbsp demerara sugar
½ x 20g pack thyme, plus extra to serve
25g butter, cubed
250ml dry white wine or orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, gas mark 7. Toss the parsnips and carrots with the sugar and spread over a large roasting tray. Top with the thyme, butter and wine or orange juice. Season to taste.
- Roast, turning once, for 30-35 minutes or until golden and caramelised. Top with extra thyme to serve.