A visit to see Disney On Ice has become a bit of a post-Christmas tradition in our household.
This year was no exception, as were invited to the O2 to see their latest show, Passport to Adventure by Florida travel specialists, Ocean Florida for Britmums.
This was unlike any visit to the O2 we have ever made as this time we were seeing the show from the comfort of a box and once we were ushered inside the VIP entrance, the venue felt very different.
With huge canvas pictures of bands and artists that have played the O2 all over the walls of the corridor and comfy sofa’s to relax in, it almost felt that you were walking into a friends lounge. The box itself has a small kitchen area with drinks, an entertaining area and 15 seats for friends and family to enjoy the show.
We arrived in plenty of time to get seated and were treated to a welcome drink and some popcorn as soon as we arrived, which was much-needed after 3 hours on the M25.
The show began with a Fit to Dance warm up, to get the audience on their feet with Disney On Ice dancers and special guests Judy Hopps and Nick Wilde from Zootroplis, putting us through our paces.
Once we were sufficiently warmed up, it was time for Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy and Goofy to appear and introduce us to their passport to adventure. The Disney On Ice dancers then appeared with an amazing tribute to traditional dances from all over the world, to the classic ‘It’s a Small World’ from their infamous ride.
We then got to witness some spectacular routines as we were transported to the African Pride Lands with Simba, Nala, Timon Pumbaa and Rafiki.
The biggest cheer of the night saw the intrepid travellers stop in London, complete with a Bobby on the beat and the pearly kings and queens. It was then from London to Neverland with Peter Pan and Wendy to meet up with Tinker Bell and do battle the dastardly Captain Hook and his pirates.
The second half saw us heading under the sea to join Ariel, Flounder and Sebastian singing along with their colourful friends before travelling to Arendelle for an extraordinary adventure with sisters Anna and Elsa, mountain man Kristoff and the huggable snowman Olaf.
Disney on Ice: Passport to Adventure is the perfect treat for any Disney fan and we had great fun singing along to classic Disney tunes, booing at our favourite Disney villains and rejoicing in the happy endings.
Look out for the new show; Disney On Ice: World of Enchantment, heading to arena’s from March 2018.
OCEAN FLORIDA’S TOP FOUR WAYS TO SEE THE SUNSHINE STATE IN 2018
Hit the theme parks, and check out what’s new for 2018!
Both Disney and Universal have major new openings planned for 2018, so there’s never been a better time to head to the theme parks.
Toy Story Land is expected to open at Walt Disney World Resort’s Hollywood Studios in the early summer. Spread over 11 acres, the new land will feature favourites from the Toy Story franchise, including the Slinky Dog Dash rollercoaster, an Alien Swirling Saucers ride and existing attraction, Toy Story Mania, will get a third track.
For the bigger kids, Universal Orlando Resort opens a new attraction in the Spring featuring characters, cars and music from the “Fast & Furious” movies. The Fast & Furious – Supercharged attraction will immerse guests in a story involving a high-speed race as they take a bus to an after-race party.
Universal also is opening its sixth onsite hotel, Aventura, in August, with a 16-story glass tower, 600 guest rooms including 13 kids’ suites, and the first on-site rooftop bar and grill.
Ocean Florida Facts:
- Official travel supplier to West Ham United.
- Ocean Florida is the UK’s largest independent Florida specialist, and sends the most travellers to the Sunshine State each year, apart from those with an airline!
- They work alongside the biggest airlines, cruise lines and accommodation providers to tailor-make holiday packages
- Ocean Florida is part of Ocean Holidays which was established in 2004 by two sets of brothers. It is privately-owned, and has been on a 50% growth path since 2012.
- Ocean Holidays has sent more than 250,000 holidaymakers overseas in the past 12 years.
- Ocean Holidays’ headquarters in Romford, Essex comprises four distinct brands; Ocean Florida, Europe’s largest independent Florida holiday specialist; Winged Boots, a bespoke travel and hospitality specialist; Ocean California, specialist in complex itineraries to the West Coast of the USA; and, Ocean Beds, the largest wholesaler of Florida vacation homes to the global travel trade, it is based out of Kissimmee, Central Florida.
Find out more at www.ocean-florida.co.uk/