Finding healthy recipes that your children love but are also quick, easy and affordable is the holy grail of parenting. One of the healthiest, tastiest and most versatile ingredients is lean red meat, and experts recommend including it in children’s diet from weaning onwards. It provides a range of important nutrients that are often low in toddlers and children – including iron, zinc, B vitamins, selenium and potassium.
For the #HealthyRedMeat, sponsored by the Meat Advisory Panel, we are challenging you to create a delicious recipe with beef, pork or lamb to bring a little variety and inspire some enticing ways to include red meat into your family diet. It could be a classic dish with a twist or something a little more adventurous. Tell us your recipe ideas, show us your images and share the reviews from the all-important critics: the kids!
Be among the first 100 bloggers to sign up to take part in the #HealthyRedMeat and you’ll receive a £10 Tesco voucher to buy red meat. Plus you’ll be eligible for prizes when you write about it on your blog.
Red Meat Talking Points
- Red meat provides a range of important nutrients that are often low in toddlers and children – including iron, zinc, and B vitamins, selenium and potassium.
- Red meat has been in the spotlight recently, and experts fear that the nutritional benefits have been overshadowed by misleading negative views. To cut through the confusion, the Meat Advisory Panel, an independent group of health and nutrition experts, is partnering with BritMums to promote red meat in the diets of children.
- Dr Emma Derbyshire, a public health nutritionist and mother, says: “Including a small portion of red meat in the diet a few times a week after weaning can help to bridge nutrient gaps and so help to maintain good health through childhood and beyond.”
Prizes and rewards
Take part and you could win 1 of 6 £100 shopping vouchers or a grand prize of a £400 shopping voucher
How to take part in the #HealthyRedMeat:
- Sign up to get your £10 #HealthyRedMeat Tesco voucher to make a delicious family meal (Reminder: Only the first 100 to sign up will receive them!)
- Post about your top tasty red meat family recipe. It should include beef, lamb or pork. We’d love to see photographs of your finished dish along with the feedback from your kids
- Include information about the importance of red meat as a good source of nutrients for children within a healthy balanced diet
- To be eligible for prizes you must post between Tuesday 29 August and Tuesday 26 September.
- Include text stating “This post is an entry for the BritMums #HealthyRedMeat, sponsored by the Meat Advisory Panel.”
- Email your post to email@example.com with the subject headline: #HealthyRedMeat.
- Tweet your link via Twitter. Be sure to use the hashtag #HealthyRedMeat and tag in @BritMums. You can also share via G+, Instagram and Facebook.
- Upon completion of the above steps, you’ll be eligible for the exciting prize draw.
Don’t forget to read the Terms & Conditions.