Back in September we hosted a #BepanthenTips Twitter chat where many BritMums bloggers kindly shared their best, funniest and most ingenious parenting tips that make life with a little one that little bit smoother and easier.
We were inundated with inspired tips, many of which now feature in Bepanthen’s new e-book, What the Parenting Manuals Don’t Tell You.
With tips crowd-sourced via social media straight from the people who know best – parents, What the Parenting Manuals Don’t Tell You provides genuine tips for new or expectant parents from mums and dads who have experienced it all.
Developed in collaboration with maternity nurse and parenting expert, Lisa Clegg, the beautifully illustrated e-book aims to make things a little easier for new parents as they navigate the early stages of parenthood. The e-book is full of great suggestions on all manner of parenting dilemmas, including day-to-day care, bedtime routines, dealing with 3am wake-up calls and how partners can help.
Tips from the e-book include:
- Put a worn t-shirt in the baby’s crib or basket, wrapped around the mattress, so that your baby can smell you which helps them settle better – @mummy_setra
- Buy nothing in bulk! You never know how big or small your baby is going to be – you might not even need those new-born baby grows! – Jenny from Emma’s Diary Facebook community
- Remember that you and your partner are both tired – try not to take it out on each other. You probably created your baby through love so focus on that –@kateonthinice
- Stay off eBay and other shopping outlets. Sleepy spending can be disastrous –@TracyxGibson
- Always have a few rattles or spare wipes in your changing bag to whisk out when your little one is feeling wiggly – the rattles or wipes will keep them distracted whilst you swiftly change them –@Bexallum
Thanks to our contributors!
A huge thanks to all those who participated in the Twitter chat. You totally rock! It’s wonderful to see such a lovely selection of the tips in the e-book which you can check out here.
What The Parenting Manuals Don’t Tell You definitely shines a light on the reality of parenthood in an easy to read, enjoyable way.
Share your tips
Share your favourite tips from the book using #BepanthenTips.