The BritMums Live 2012 Agenda is here!On Friday June 22 and Saturday June 23 hundreds of bloggers will gather in London at BritMums Live! to share best practices, polish their skills in workshops tailored to novice and expert levels, and party network. Brought to you by two CyberMummy founders, BritMums Live! will keep you up to date with the latest in the UK blogging scene.
While putting together this schedule, we thought a lot about what you’ve said you want out of the day – workshops and knowledge you can use, sessions that address your everyday concerns and time to learn from each other and meet brands who want to work with bloggers. And don’t forget the free-flowing coffee and tea. We’ll also have advanced sessions for those looking to take their blogging to the next level.
FRIDAY 22 JUNE
14:00 – 14:45 Registration. Coffee, tea and cake mixer
A friendly, icing-enhanced way to start the weekend. Here’s your chance to meet and get to know other bloggers before the sessions begin in earnest. We’ll have a special area for newbies so even if you don’t have a posse of ready-made friends, you can meet some before the action starts.
14:45 – 15:15 Welcome and keynote
15:15 – 16:05 Roundtable: British blogging now
Influential bloggers from the UK’s biggest blogging tribes discuss the state of blogging, in conversation with our community. They’ll share their knowledge then the floor will be open for Q&A. Led by Carla Buzasi, Editor of HuffPostUK, we’ll have top-notch bloggers from the food, fashion, political and entertainment worlds.
16:15 – 17:00 The Blogger’s Studio
Ever want to just sit down with your favourite bloggers and pick their brains? Here’s your chance! Four rooms, four blogging themes, four great discussions. These friendly sessions will feature in-the-know bloggers whose main attribute is that they think if they can do it, so can you.
Got someone you’re dying to see? 9:15 – 9:45 Welcome to Day 2 & Keynote
9:45 – 10:40 Workshop I
· Blogging Essentials 1 – A quick walk-through of SEO, legal issues, ways to market your blog and other things that will help you grow. (This is double session, come back at 11.30 for Part 2)
· Advanced blogging: Photography – Whether your style is gorgeous, quirky or humorous, discover how to take better pictures and better incorporate photography into your blog.
· Discussion Den – This is the place where we’ll tackle the burning issues that arise time and time again. Expect a lot of opinions, respectful disagreements and perhaps some answers to what’s been on your mind. Topic: Mother, daughter, father, blogger. How do you fit it all in and have it all? A discussion on how to define success on your own terms. Audience participation is a must!
10:40 – 11:30 Morning break – Grab a coffee, tea or soft drink and check out the exhibition area aka The Hub or chill out in one of our specialty lounges
11:30 – 12:20 Workshop II (choose one)
· Blogging Essentials 2 – A continuation of our double session of blogging basics. See description above.
· Writing about your life – Writing and storytelling is the cornerstone of most blogs. Voice is an essential ingredient. This session will focus on creative writing/non-fiction writing as an outlet and discuss ways to improve what goes on the page.
· Discussion Den: Blogging for the greater good – Have you used your blog for a worthy cause or do you want to? Would you like to raise awareness of an issue but don’t know how? Don’t miss this session where you find out how others have done it and how to incorporate good works into your blog too.
12:20 – 13:10 Workshop III (choose one)
· Perks and pounds: Making money from your blog – It’s not just about banner ads. There are a variety of ways to leverage your blog, your knowledge and yourself to generate income. You’ll get the nuts-and-bolts advice on how to create a plan.
· Advanced blogging: How to create an eBook – eBooks a great way to expand your audience, shore up your expertise not to mention generate incremental income. This session goes step-by-step through the process of mapping out your eBook.
· Discussion Den: Dealing with negativity online – Let’s face it, not everyone out there in the blogosphere is as friendly and respectful as we’d like. Bloggers share their stories of how they’ve responded to flaming, trolls and more. Come and tell your experience and learn how to keep your blog and discussions on the right track.
13:10 – 14:10 Lunch in the Hub
14:10 – 15:00 Workshop IV (choose one)
· Video blogging basics – Want to become a video blogger but don’t know where to start? This crash course will get you comfortable with a camera, clued-up on a formula for good vlogging and plugged into a simple editing program.
· Advanced Blogging: Ladies choice – Good ideas for sessions are always popping up. That’s why we’re reserving this slot for the most topical advanced blogging issue. We’ll be announcing it closer to the date. In the meantime, send your burning desire to [email protected]
· Discussion Den: You Wrote WHAT? – Writing about your children, family and friends online is a touchy subject. What events in your life are blog fodder and what’s private? Do you invade your nearest and dearest’s privacy? There’s no right or wrong answer in this discussion as we debate how and where to set boundaries.
15:00 – 15:50 Workshop IV (choose one)
· Your social media plan – Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Triberr…the list goes on, but how do you do it all? In this workshop you’ll discover how to set out a sensible plan for getting the most out of social media in a way that fits into your schedule.
· Advanced blogging: Video blogging – So, you’ve made some vlogs and are feeling pretty good about them, but erm, could they be even better? This session will cover how to raise the bar with lighting, sound, shooting and editing. Learn how to kick up your vlogging a notch with this hands-on workshop run by a seasoned video blogger.
· Discussion Den: Getting beyond burnout – You’ve been there, done that, tweeted the link. Now what? How do you deal with blog burnout and get the fires started again?
15:50 – 16.45 – Afternoon break – Grab a coffee, tea or soft drink and check out the exhibition area aka The Hub or chill out in one of our specialty lounges
16:45 – 18:00 The Bloggers’ Keynote – A showcase celebrating all types of content – from fantastic posts and videos to gorgeous photography to blog innovations – presented by bloggers in their own voice. Watch for the nomination page soon!
18:00 – 20:00 “Uncorked and Chilled” end-of-conference party – Do we really need to explain this? There will be nibbles. There will be wine. There will be embarrassing pictures the next day. You’ll love it.