Update: NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
Cast your mind back to January of this year. An earthquake struck in Haiti, a curry lover saw Jesus in his naan and a big freeze causes travel chaos in the UK. It was also the beginning of an amazing year in blogging.
Since then, hundreds have joined the BMB blogging community, bloggers have raised awareness of important charitable causes, taken up video blogging, used their blogs as launch pads for other writing or businesses…in short we’ve seen blogs become more engaging and innovative as well as more fun to read.
We want to highlight blogging excellence in its many forms this year, so we’re launching Brilliance in Blogging 2010. This is less about handing out big awards than giving recognition and bringing attention to the great work going on.
Here’s how it works:
1. You nominate your favourite blogs and posts in 5 categories (hurry – only one week to submit your favourites)
2. We’ll collate the responses and the week of the 13th Dec will put the short-listed bloggers in a survey
3. You vote for your favourites in each category in the survey
4. We announce the winners in a post on the blog, and they get a lovely badge to display on their blog. In the new year we’ll have a Brilliance in Blogging tweet-up to celebrate.
Don’t be shy. Nominate a friend. Nominate yourself!
And keep in mind that it’s all of us together who make the parent blogging world a dynamic place to write, video, share stories and make friends. Together we have made 2010 brilliant for blogging!
1) Fresh Voices of 2010 – These bloggers have only just started blogging as of 2010 yet they are making a name for themselves. Which bloggers stand out for you as Fresh Voices in the British Mummy Blogosphere?
2) Funniest Post – Was there a post that had you spewing tea all over your computer screen or tears rolling down your face (for the right reasons)? The Funniest Post is one that perhaps made you chuckle out loud, read it several times and tell others all about it.
3) Inspirational Blogger – Is there a blogger who has fought adversity graciously and prolifically; who struggled with issues or situations and wrote about it poetically?
4) Make a Difference Blogger – This blogger has taken on a challenge and made a difference in the process. Whether it was charitable or community building, this blogger knows how to move people and get her voice heard.
5) Outstanding in the Field – A person who leads the way with entertaining, thought-provoking and heartfelt posts, this blogger stands out in every category. Tone, engagement, reach, design…this BMB member is the tops!