BritMums is pleased to announce that Emma Freud will be a speaker at BritMums Live in June. Emma has worked as a TV presenter for the BBC, ITV and Channel 4 and as a radio broadcaster on BBC Radio 1 and Radio 4. For 25 years she has been an interviewer on Radio 4’s Loose [...]
Tag Archives | writing
I have scored a professional writing gig!! I suspect this officially makes me a journalist. *Contemplates joining the National Union of Journalists…and then doesn’t bother* It is possible to use a blog to showcase your wares and become paid to write – RESULT! Over the next five months I will be leaving my children with [...]
Well hello there! I’m thrilled to be writing the first BritMums literary round-up and have thoroughly enjoyed reading all the literary posts I could find from our lovely BritMums members. I started writing as an outlet when I was 14 years old, when quite accidentally my lovesick diary entry turned into a teenage angst [...]
BritMums is delighted to take part in the virtual book tour with Coleen Paratore, a children’s book author who has a new book called BIG, published by Little Pickle Press. BIG challenges young readers to find small ways to make a big difference. We asked Coleen our 5 most burning questions about writing for children. [...]
It may be the school summer holidays, but some of us still have education firmly in mind and here’s some wonderful posts to prove it, starting with A for Alphabet… Boy Mama Teacher Mama has written a terrific post on how to help your child learn the alphabet. There are so many delightful suggestions that [...]
Good writing is central to so many blogs and for many bloggers, it’s the springboard to memoir writing. We’re thrilled that Andrea Stuart, an instructor at Faber Academy and author of a new memoir, will teach a session on writing about your personal life, with tips and advice for budding memoirists, including guidance on research [...]
In the second part of Alice Castle’s guide to writing and publishing a novel, Alice explains the process of publishing to Kindle… Yesterday I gave you my top tips for writing a book. Once you’ve got that little chore out of the way, you’ll want the rest of the world to be able to see [...]
Molly has a self-imposed rule never to blog about blogging, but this post has been in her head for a while and just won’t go away… What do you do when you fall out of love with blogging? The love affair began just over a year ago. It was a whirlwind romance. My blog [...]
When Joanne Mallon decided to write Toddlers: An Instruction Manual, she knew just who to turn to for assistance–her fellow parent bloggers. Combining her own experience with stories from other UK parent bloggers was no easy task but the amazing end product was well worth it! Here Joanne tells us about the experience and adds [...]
Professional blogger and eBook expert, Erica Douglas shares some valuable tips for turning your knowledge into a profitable eBook. Got a successful blog but wondering what to do next? Creating and selling your own eBook is the perfect next step. You’ve already honed your voice and built your audience so creating something to sell is [...]
Looking For Something?
BritMums TV on YouTube
- Mary @over40andamumtoone commented on Susanna's group Newbies (new to blogging_
- Carina commented on Susanna's group Newbies (new to blogging_
- Victoria Welton commented on Susanna's group Newbies (new to blogging_
- Sceptical Mum commented on Susanna's group Newbies (new to blogging_
- Sceptical Mum joined Susanna's group
- Stephanie: I am still totally paranoid about temperature! Sh...
- Stephanie: Yes I hope it never comes your way but knowing how...
- Stephanie: I agree. I had never heard of it before and I don...
- Win a LEGOLAND Windsor Resort Short Break 23 January 2012
- What’s your perfect family-friendly holiday destination? 26 September 2012
- BiBs shortlists are here! 22 April 2013
- Hangout – Tips from home chefs 21 May 2013
- From home cook to cookbook author – bridging the gap 21 May 2013
- Craft Round-Up – felt crafts; edible delights & patchwork quilts 21 May 2013