Welcome to another installment of Helen actually finds time to read blog posts/Newbie Tuesday! You know what I’ve noticed in blog world this month? Bloggers getting publishing deals! Or speaking engagements. With Mark from Best Dad I Can Be on an all-expenses paid trip to Rotterdam, and Alice from More Than Toast getting an out of the blue [...]
Tag Archives | school
1. Read letter from school about World Book Day and decide that, since it’s a month away, there’s plenty of time to sort a costume. 2. Mark the date in your diary and vow you will pick something up well in advance. 3. Be reminded of World Book Day 2 days before by child who [...]
I struggled for a theme this month. What is it that all parent bloggers are talking about right now? What is rocking our world? Unfettered, I went on a leisurely cruise of the newest blogs around and I found some real gems… As the parent of school-aged children I found myself nodding along fervently at [...]
Hello and welcome to the December Education Roundup. It’s packed full of thought-provoking posts about schools hiring proof readers, books written Scots dialect and how to stop comparing your child to their peers. And talking of thought provoking, for many of us mums with preschool and primary school children, our thoughts are currently turned [...]
Hello and welcome to the December Education Roundup, which is packed full of thought provoking posts about schools hiring proof readers, books written Scots dialect and how to stop yourself comparing your child to their peers. And talking of thought provoking, for many of us mums with preschool and primary school children, our thoughts [...]
Well hello there! I’m thrilled to be writing the first BritMums literary round-up and have thoroughly enjoyed reading all the literary posts I could find from our lovely BritMums members. I started writing as an outlet when I was 14 years old, when quite accidentally my lovesick diary entry turned into a teenage angst [...]
My theme this month is inspiring. From new bloggers inspiring others to cope, to do better, to those who can uplift our spirits with a beautiful photo, as well as new blogs to inspire us to create better blogs… She’s not a new blogger, but Nickie, from Typecast, has new blog Geekalicious which brings together [...]
This month’s BritMums Education Roundup is more of a thinking post rather than a doing post, as it seems many of us blogging parents are in pensive mode when it comes to our children’s education this September. A month that signals new beginnings for thousands of parents and children around the country, as 4 [...]
I’m going to be predictable and start by telling you that I’ve just dropped my children off at school for their first day of the new school year. Although they are not new starters, they still have new beginnings – a new teacher, a new playground, a new school in GG’s case, and so [...]
It may be the school summer holidays, but some of us still have education firmly in mind and here’s some wonderful posts to prove it, starting with A for Alphabet… Boy Mama Teacher Mama has written a terrific post on how to help your child learn the alphabet. There are so many delightful suggestions that [...]
Looking For Something?
BritMums TV on YouTube
- Steph Nimmo: aah thanks for the mention! Training already under...
- SouthwarkBelle: As a friend put it "the NCT is the most expensive...
- Mamacook: "Reasons my son is crying" is so wrong and yet s...
- Win a LEGOLAND Windsor Resort Short Break 23 January 2012
- What’s your perfect family-friendly holiday destination? 26 September 2012
- BiBs shortlists are here! 22 April 2013
- Charity Round-up: Exercising for charity 20 May 2013
- Join the Hungry to Happy Challenge for £200 shopping or £700 for a holiday 20 May 2013
- May 19-25 is National Epilepsy Week 19 May 2013