There has been a lot of adjusting going on this month; or not, as the case may be…I have been adjusting to being back in the swing of things after being out of action due to my health. The kids have been adjusting to mummy being around again instead of daddy. This has made for [...]
Tag Archives | health
Tamsyn Wood is inviting everybody to the Winter Wonderland Ball as she desperately needs your help, if you can’t go maybe you can make a donation and maybe you could help spread the word far and wide so all her efforts have the longest possible reach. The story so far “…So we lived in France, [...]
In one part of the world, people clear out their refrigerators every week, throwing out vegetables, meat, fish and more that they didn’t eat before the sell by date. In another part of the world, families fill their bellies with low-nutritive meals or go hungry. The food issues affecting the world are frequently in [...]
Happy New Year to you all. It was a relatively quiet month for political posts, I think most of us were too full of mince pies to worry about much else. That’s all over now tho, it is currently 8.30 am and I have already stripped Ian Smith of his right to an extra i in his [...]
Rebecca Dodd is the North West and North East Community Fundraiser for the Meningitis Trust. She needs to spread her important message wide and far please help her. Find her on Twitter and Facebook Meningitis can strike in an instant but its impact can last for a life time. Meningitis seems like one of [...]
It’s been about two weeks since Michelle Pannell and I returned from Ethiopia on our trip with the campaigning organisation ONE. We were there to see how foreign aid is spent on programmes on the ground, on a trip arranged by ONE. For much of the time we’ve been back, I’ve been incredibly ill. In [...]
You may have noticed a pink tinge to most magazines this month with boobs being the talk of the town more than ever. That’s because it’s Breast Cancer Awareness Month (although I’m sure you already knew that). Breast Cancer is a serious issue – over 46,000 women and around 300 men are diagnosed with [...]
Today UNICEF UK has released a report showing that by encouraging and supporting breastfeeding mums the NHS could save £40 million Kate Buckley from Life Love and Living with Boys is here to tell us more. If you’d have asked me what I thought about breastfeeding 3 years ago, I would have told you [...]
Victoria Lindop is a mummy to two young children she is also Corporate Partnerships Director for UNICEF UK today she has a very clear message to get across saving children’s lives by improving their sanitation facilities, the word to Victoria I am a mum of a three year old girl and a five year old boy. They [...]
The BritMums round-up editors have been encouraged to get creative with their posts this month. I have taken that advice to heart *ahem* and done the politics round-up in the style of an acrostic poem. I hope you enjoy it. P is for Prime Minister: Here is a letter to David Cameron, from Mutterings of [...]
Looking For Something?
BritMums TV on YouTube
- Katie @ Happiness is Homemade and Rebecca Phillips are now friends
- Deborah Patrick posted blog posts
- Mirka Moore added a discussion to the group Competitions, Contests and Giveaways
- Catherine Davis-Holmes added a discussion to the group Charity Connections - Blogging It Forward
- Spencer @ADadCalledSpen posted a blog post
- Renata: A story has power, which is why we as humans have ...
- clairejustineoxox: Thanks for hosting :)...
- Amy Beeson: We've been posting like crazy this week. My husba...
- Win a LEGOLAND Windsor Resort Short Break 23 January 2012
- What’s your perfect family-friendly holiday destination? 26 September 2012
- BiBs shortlists are here! 22 April 2013
- Special Needs Round-up: Joining forces peacefully 18 May 2013
- My Best Post of the Week >> add yours! 18 May 2013
- 5 geeky tips for writing great posts 17 May 2013