Hello and welcome to the May Education Roundup. I’ve been doing these Roundups for around a year now and have loved rummaging through a wonderful array of education related posts. But sadly for me this is my last Roundup, the demands of juggling my business and parenting have finally caught up with me! Thank you [...]
Tag Archives | education
Melanie Kendry is a qualified teacher, she’s been teaching for years but that doesn’t prevent her from coaxing her own brood to do their homework. Here she shares her top tips on how to get the work done and stay sane! Want your child to scrunch up into a pumpkin sized ball under the kitchen [...]
…plus a little cookery, grammar and financial learning thrown in for good measure! Welcome to the March Education Roundup, which features posts on an array of education related topics. I am kicking off with a fabulous and thought provoking post from The Breakfast Lady on the recent news about cookery classes being re-introduced into schools [...]
I struggled for a theme this month. What is it that all parent bloggers are talking about right now? What is rocking our world? Unfettered, I went on a leisurely cruise of the newest blogs around and I found some real gems… As the parent of school-aged children I found myself nodding along fervently at [...]
Hello and welcome to the December Education Roundup. It’s packed full of thought-provoking posts about schools hiring proof readers, books written Scots dialect and how to stop comparing your child to their peers. And talking of thought provoking, for many of us mums with preschool and primary school children, our thoughts are currently turned [...]
Hello and welcome to the December Education Roundup, which is packed full of thought provoking posts about schools hiring proof readers, books written Scots dialect and how to stop yourself comparing your child to their peers. And talking of thought provoking, for many of us mums with preschool and primary school children, our thoughts [...]
Hello and welcome to this months Education Roundup. As the weather takes us deeper into autumn and the leaves come tumbling down, I thought I’d start off this month’s Roundup with a look at some learning through play activities that can be done in the home. I’ll kick off with this lovely post from Emma [...]
Hello and welcome to the October Education Roundup. It’s a real mix of a Roundup this month, with some great ideas on fun ways to do a little educating of your off-spring yourself, along with some musings and ponderings about education from a parent’s perspective. Check out Red Ted Art’s Handprint Alphabet, what a [...]
This month’s BritMums Education Roundup is more of a thinking post rather than a doing post, as it seems many of us blogging parents are in pensive mode when it comes to our children’s education this September. A month that signals new beginnings for thousands of parents and children around the country, as 4 [...]
Julia Skinner is a retired head teacher and set up 100 Word Challenge to encourage youngsters to write creatively, the scheme has really taken off and here she tells you more so you can propose it to your children’s school too…spread the word! As bloggers we’re passionate about writing. For many of us, that was [...]
Looking For Something?
BritMums TV on YouTube
- Elaine Livingstone commented on Zoe Toft's group Competitions, Contests and Giveaways
- Lisa Sadleir replied to Catherine Davis-Holmes's discussion Interested in education? Will you help Save the Children?
- Liz Jarvis added a discussion to the group Competitions, Contests and Giveaways
- Rebecca Phillips posted a blog post
- Tracy B posted a blog post
- frazzled ma: Brilliant ideas and links. Thank you....
- Mummy Tries: Brave lady, thanks so much for sharing your inspir...
- Post Comment Love and Newbie Showcase 24th to 26th May 2013 - Verily, Victoria Vocalises....: [...] would also like to say congratulations to al...
- Win a LEGOLAND Windsor Resort Short Break 23 January 2012
- What’s your perfect family-friendly holiday destination? 26 September 2012
- BiBs shortlists are here! 22 April 2013
- Snapshot Round-up: Fun and Sun 24 May 2013
- Join our #foodforthought Twitter chat for Save the Children 23 May 2013
- Join the #KidsGrowWild Challenge and get gardening 22 May 2013