Margaret Thatcher’s legacy is being hotly debated in the wake of her death. Some people are singing her praises, others are singing Ding dong the witch is dead. We’ll be talking for some time about how she transformed the UK. Part of that analysis already is not political but personal: How successful was she as [...]
Tag Archives | children
Melanie Kendry is a qualified teacher, she’s been teaching for years but that doesn’t prevent her from coaxing her own brood to do their homework. Here she shares her top tips on how to get the work done and stay sane! Want your child to scrunch up into a pumpkin sized ball under the kitchen [...]
Most parents agree: They want their children to have a good understanding of money and how to save and spend it – sometimes better than parents have had themselves. On Thurs 13 December BritMums bloggers from Slummy Single Mummy, Kiddy Charts, and Rosie Scribble hung out with clinical child psychologist Dr. Elizabeth Kilbey to get advice and [...]
Doubling as a personal art gallery, family refrigerators are where all parents proudly display their children’s artwork. Now it’s your opportunity to share it with the world. We want to see the artwork which makes it onto your home fridge-freezer. At our #LGFridgeArt Twitter party on Tuesday 4th December between 13:00 – 14:00, we’ll be talking about how you decide [...]
Earning, saving and spending pocket money are the first steps that children take in learning about finances and how to manage money (as well as their own spending “wants”). And in today’s world, so much of spending and saving is done electronically, with a plastic card rather than a pocketful of coins. Some parents [...]
BritMums Twitter party prize draw Terms and Conditions you should know about: This #LGFridgeArt Twitter party prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary. It is open to residents of the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man), excluding employees and [...]
The swings, the monkey bars, the slidey-handle thing that’s like a mini zipwire – kids love ‘em all, but to me an afternoon around these things is akin to Lt Colonel Nicholson’s stint in “the oven” in The Bridge on the River Kwai. I’ll come right out and say it: I hate going to the [...]
I’m going to be predictable and start by telling you that I’ve just dropped my children off at school for their first day of the new school year. Although they are not new starters, they still have new beginnings – a new teacher, a new playground, a new school in GG’s case, and so [...]
Do you remember the experience of becoming a new parent? Whether you’re a brand-new parent now or just remember that time, the first year of baby’s life can be thrilling, emotional, confusing and even hilarious. We’re holding an #EarlyYears Twitter party on Tuesday 11 September from 13:00 – 14:00, where you can share your memories, [...]
Julia Skinner is a retired head teacher and set up 100 Word Challenge to encourage youngsters to write creatively, the scheme has really taken off and here she tells you more so you can propose it to your children’s school too…spread the word! As bloggers we’re passionate about writing. For many of us, that was [...]
Looking For Something?
BritMums TV on YouTube
- Agnieszka Jarecka-Griffiths, Tattooed Mummy, RishaSiara and 5 more joined BritMums
- Yummy Mummy? Really? and Stela Yordanova are now friends
- A Mum in London posted a blog post
- Jeannette Cripps and Mums and Me are now friends
- Liska replied to Mama-andmore's discussion I wrote about my miscarriage and opened a can of worms
- HELEN: thanks so much for everyone that voted for me...I...
- I\'m going to Britmums Who am I |: [...] acknowledged that they thought that I was a ...
- Gina: Just added my link with my review. (www.ginasweets...
- Win a LEGOLAND Windsor Resort Short Break 23 January 2012
- What’s your perfect family-friendly holiday destination? 26 September 2012
- BiBs shortlists are here! 22 April 2013
- Join our #foodforthought Twitter chat for Save the Children 23 May 2013
- Join the #KidsGrowWild Challenge and get gardening 22 May 2013
- The day I discovered breast cancer in my family 22 May 2013