We are hurtling through December and for many it’s a time to prepare for Christmas, often in a stressful flurry. For others it’s a time of peaceful reflection and rest. But however you celebrate Christmas, either with big parties, church celebrations or small family gatherings, or not at all, the December holidays are a time [...]
Tag Archives | BritMums
Standing back and viewing this month as a blogger, a parent of a child with Down’s Syndrome and a BritMums Editor I have to say it has been a month of extremes. The pendulum has swung wide and free across our world of disability, reaching wonderful new ground-breaking highs of inclusion, only to swing seemingly [...]
Instead of Blogger of the Week this week, I’ve decided to shine the spotlight on the great wide blogosphere to celebrate bloggers and blogging! Join me in a round of applause and a “WHOOP WHOOP” for some pretty amazing bloggers… First of all, BEST of luck to all of the Bloggers up for MAD Blog [...]
I apologise for the tardiness of the blogging prompts today. You see, my Little Miss went to her first day of Reception today so I’ve been busy being a Mummy. What a great morning it was, as well! Ella was so thrilled and excited that her father and I couldn’t help but be the same. [...]
I sit in my lounge typing and I only have one child in need of my mothering today. My daughter Ella is off to school. Well, not quite Reception as her Reception class doesn’t begin until Monday so today Ella is at her old preschool again. But Monday begins my redundancy as far as Ella [...]
This week as many of us are preparing to send our children back to school (or maybe to school for the first time), a lovely family will be starting school in a new country! Cathy Powell, an Australian mum and blogger, will be sending her children to their first year in school in England after [...]
So here we are…the last week of the Summer Holiday for many of us while the Scottish bloggers amongst us are sticking out their tongues at us as they’ve been back to school for 2-3 weeks! Between the last minute uniform buying, ironing (Seriously??? Do I HAVE to iron??), labelling and lunchbox planning, I’d like [...]
Summer holiday is drawing to a close. School uniform shopping is in high swing and thoughts are turning to lunchboxes, play dates and after school sporting activities. So much to do and now, so little time left! This week’s blog prompts, therefore are about learning lessons and highlighting your best bits of the Summer Holiday. [...]
The blogging world can be a lovely place. You meet new people, form friendships, support each other and always have a shoulder to cry on. Social media allows you to reach out without having to actually be able to physically reach someone and that can be a very powerful thing when you’re feeling lost and [...]
By my calculation, there are 2 and a bit weeks of Summer Holiday remaining before we plop our children in their pristine (for one day) school uniforms and slide into a more normal routine for the rest of the school year. Some of our beloved Scottish bloggers have already seen their children off for their [...]
Looking For Something?
BritMums TV on YouTube
- Catherine Davis-Holmes added a discussion to the group Charity Connections - Blogging It Forward
- Spencer @ADadCalledSpen posted a blog post
- Anyonita replied to Emma Clement's discussion Guest Posts Clarification and types? in the group Guest Blogging
- A Mum in London posted a blog post
- A mummy muses posted a blog post
- clairejustineoxox: Thanks for hosting :)...
- Amy Beeson: We've been posting like crazy this week. My husba...
- Mamacook: My midwife told me about the NHS classes and gave ...
- Win a LEGOLAND Windsor Resort Short Break 23 January 2012
- What’s your perfect family-friendly holiday destination? 26 September 2012
- BiBs shortlists are here! 22 April 2013
- Special Needs Round-up: Joining forces peacefully 18 May 2013
- My Best Post of the Week >> add yours! 18 May 2013
- 5 geeky tips for writing great posts 17 May 2013