Over the past few weeks I’ve been to several museums and seen some amazing art. Wandering the galleries and reading about the artists’ journeys and innovation, I’ve thought again and again of blogging. We tend to think of our blogs as small spaces for quotidian stories, but there’s an opportunity to tell a wider story. [...]
Tag Archives | blogging
We love the idea of turning blog readers into blog listeners by using the sounds around us in a podcast. But how do you go about it? And more importantly how do you make it sound interesting? Tamsin Smith is a radio reporter with 15 years experience broadcasting for the BBC, from the Radio 4’s [...]
Welcome back to another installment of “ask geekmummy” – your chance to get answers to any of those nagging little questions you might have about blogging. This month I’ve been asked to talk about “About” pages – do you need them, and, if so, what should be on them? About me So, do you need [...]
Hello and welcome to this month’s thrifty posts round up. Well I have 2 exciting brand new blogs to show to you from two old timers. Liz Burton normally blogs at Me and My shadow and has a regular thrifty shopping round up on her Magpie Monday posts. She has now taken on a [...]
The cruise line Royal Caribbean International is the latest big brand to work with parent blogger ambassadors. They include Liz Jarvis (right) from The Mum Blog, who has also been an ambassador for brands including XBox, Disney Blu-ray and has worked with clients on blogger outreach including the Tesco Mum of the Year awards. Here [...]
I’m a little late with my “Ask geekmummy” column this month, because I’ve been struggling to find a question to answer. I must confess that I’ve recently been feeling a little weary of “blogging about blogging” and talking about blogging, and I’ve been trying to take some “me” time to refocus on my blogging [...]
A lot can happen in 12 months. Last year we wouldn’t have predicted that everyone would be creating hangouts videos using Google+, that “pinning” would have been all the rage, that the first BritMums Live would have been such a terrific success with so many friends there (actually, we kinda’ thought that would happen, but [...]
Earlier this month I appeared on a panel at Social Travel Market, the social media conference that’s part of the massive London World Travel Market. While there, I met some of the most innovative travel bloggers in the world — EverythingEverywhere.com, NomadicMatt.com, BudgetTraveller.org, LiveShareTravel, WildJunket.com and SoloTravelerBlog. They travel literally everywhere in the world. But [...]
I have a confession to make: I have children and I’m a blogger. Fellow bloggers won’t be surprised to learn that I blog about all kinds of topics, including family but also including politics, travel, expat life and more. They also won’t be surprised that I work full-time. Unfortunately, even on the cusp of 2013, [...]
…and so our very first half term draws to an end and it has flown by. I wish sometimes I could just stop time and squeeze out even more as it seems the whole week has disappeared and left me with a huge mess to clear up, a pile of ironing that needs doing [...]
Looking For Something?
BritMums TV on YouTube
- Katie @ Happiness is Homemade and Rebecca Phillips are now friends
- Deborah Patrick posted blog posts
- Mirka Moore added a discussion to the group Competitions, Contests and Giveaways
- Catherine Davis-Holmes added a discussion to the group Charity Connections - Blogging It Forward
- Spencer @ADadCalledSpen posted a blog post
- Renata: A story has power, which is why we as humans have ...
- clairejustineoxox: Thanks for hosting :)...
- Amy Beeson: We've been posting like crazy this week. My husba...
- Win a LEGOLAND Windsor Resort Short Break 23 January 2012
- What’s your perfect family-friendly holiday destination? 26 September 2012
- BiBs shortlists are here! 22 April 2013
- Special Needs Round-up: Joining forces peacefully 18 May 2013
- My Best Post of the Week >> add yours! 18 May 2013
- 5 geeky tips for writing great posts 17 May 2013