Welcome back to another installment of “ask geekmummy” – your chance to get answers to any of those nagging little questions you might have about blogging. This month I’ve been asked to talk about “About” pages – do you need them, and, if so, what should be on them? About me So, do you need [...]
Ask Geekmummy RSS feed for this section
I’m a little late with my “Ask geekmummy” column this month, because I’ve been struggling to find a question to answer. I must confess that I’ve recently been feeling a little weary of “blogging about blogging” and talking about blogging, and I’ve been trying to take some “me” time to refocus on my blogging [...]
Do you know what a vanity URL is? Do you have your own domain name? If it sounds like I’m talking a foreign language then read on and all will be revealed. Most people when they first start blogging sign up with one of the major free blogging platforms – either Blogger or WordPress.com. [...]
My “ask geekmummy” post this month is inspired by Becky from Family Budgeting and Hayley from Downs Side Up, who have both asked how to go about starting a podcast. I’ve recently rediscovered my love of podcasting, and over the summer launched my new show, Parental Geekery, which is a joint venture with my [...]
Have you ever broken your blog? I have. Self-hosted WordPress makes it so easy to automatically update themes, plugins and even WordPress itself that I’ve just got into the habit of updating whenever I see a new version of anything. About 6 months ago I saw my theme had an update available, so I [...]
I’m very excited. I’m taking a step away from my regular video roundup to introduce a new monthly feature I’m bringing to the BritMums blog. This feature will quite simply be called “ask geekmummy”, and it will be your chance to get answers to any blogging questions you might have. Why do I think I [...]
Looking For Something?
BritMums TV on YouTube
- Chene Koscielny: OK - I would LOVE to have a go at this - what a br...
- Fives A Fellowship: Only just got round to reading this! Thank you ver...
- amummysview: Fabulous! Couldn't get but now don't feel like I...
- Win a LEGOLAND Windsor Resort Short Break 23 January 2012
- What’s your perfect family-friendly holiday destination? 26 September 2012
- BiBs shortlists are here! 22 April 2013
- BritMums Live: Being a newbie at BritMums Live ’12. 19 June 2013
- Style Round-up: The BiB’s Style Shortlist! 19 June 2013
- BritMums Live 2014 – ticket sales start Friday at noon! 18 June 2013