Hi, It is all about the holiday preparation now. The countdown has begun. I have calculated that I need to do a work-out pretty much every day for the next three months to have any hope of squeezing into last years tankini. I also have a planner from an arguably obsessive friend which sets out [...]
About LouiseLouise started writing her blog Yummy Mummy? Really? after becoming a mum and discovering that it was harder than ever to keep looking yummy. Louise is a self-confessed late starter when it comes to beauty treatments and only started wearing make-up 5 years ago after the birth of her first daughter. She blogs both about her attempts to stay looking yummy; with posts on everything from electrolysis to home work-outs; and what she’s learnt as a mummy; from how to change a nappy, what kit you need to feed on the go, and how to avoid toddler tantrums!
I woke up today and realised, with something resembling surprise, that it’s already the 14th March. In a very confusing time-travel manner it will actually be the 15th March when you read this, meaning that we have, in a manner of sorts, time-travelled to communicate with each other. It’s a HUGE pity that I can’t [...]
It’s still snowing and I’m fed up with it now. Why do I care about the weather? It’s doing horrendous things to my skin. My lips are mimicking the Grand Canyon in texture, my hands are soaking up hand cream like sponges soak up water and my cheeks are pink from having the heating on [...]
This month the BritMums bloggers are all about the moisturiser. Not surprising given the drop in temperature seen in Britain since Christmas. It was apparently -10 degrees Celsius last night – *shiver*. So read on for the best beauty posts that have graced my screen this month on the best moisturisers (and some other products [...]
Did I get new beauty products for Christmas? Of course I did! I have myself an excellent manicure set with a brilliant selection of 20 different coloured nail varnishes and I was lucky enough to also get some new smellies to try; a Botanics gift set, a range I’ve been meaning to try for [...]
The time for this month’s beauty round-up has crept up on me ninja-like with the greatest of stealth and noiseless slippers. Regular readers of my blog, or more likely my irratic and irregular tweets, will know that I started a new job last week. Not only is it a new job, but it is [...]
We may not be in school anymore, but September still brings with it an energy and impetus to get things done. This month is all about shedding the pounds. No, not because we are spending it all on Christmas presents already (though I know you are), no, I mean pounds in weight. I’ve followed [...]
Hi! I am, in the words of an increasingly northern sounding Midlander, right excited to be bringing you the first Beauty round-up! I am such a clueless geek when it comes to make-up, hair, skin care etc etc etc. I didn’t wear make-up AT ALL until I returned to work after my first maternity [...]
Looking For Something?
BritMums TV on YouTube
- Mary @over40andamumtoone commented on Susanna's group Newbies (new to blogging_
- Carina commented on Susanna's group Newbies (new to blogging_
- Victoria Welton commented on Susanna's group Newbies (new to blogging_
- Sceptical Mum commented on Susanna's group Newbies (new to blogging_
- Sceptical Mum joined Susanna's group
- Stephanie: I am still totally paranoid about temperature! Sh...
- Stephanie: Yes I hope it never comes your way but knowing how...
- Stephanie: I agree. I had never heard of it before and I don...
- Win a LEGOLAND Windsor Resort Short Break 23 January 2012
- What’s your perfect family-friendly holiday destination? 26 September 2012
- BiBs shortlists are here! 22 April 2013
- Hangout – Tips from home chefs 21 May 2013
- From home cook to cookbook author – bridging the gap 21 May 2013
- Craft Round-Up – felt crafts; edible delights & patchwork quilts 21 May 2013