Hello there and Happy New Year to you all. It’s 2014, and I know we’re only a few days in but I hope its working out for you all. A new year. You can practically smell the cellophane it was wrapped in. A new year and with this year that is new comes renewed optimism, […]
About Spencer@ADadCalledSpen - I'm not a writer or a journalist, just proud to be a dad to two amazing children. I blog at Dad and Proud and talk about parenting, divorce, mental health and Life. Frequently at the same time. My favourite colour is yellow and I find moths a bit creepy.
It’s December, and that means one thing. It’s the time of year a jolly bearded man gives out gifts. And so here I am with a massive sack, full of presents for you this month. All of them gift-wrapped with a lovely little tag on them. I’ve not kept the receipts, so there shan’t be […]
“Oh the weather outside is frightful…” Forgive me. I’ve sung a song associated with that most wonderful Christmas time of the year and we’re still hanging around the entrance to November. But it is frightful, the weather that is. It’s roiking it down outside and Spencer’s like me are not built for such weather. I’d […]
So, the summer holidays have been and gone and the children are back at school. Well done, you all survived it. I hope you and yours all had a good summer, and now as September brings it’s own special brand of Septemberyness to the year, we’re back with another round-up of brilliant dad blogs. All […]
There’s nothing I love more than a summer heatwave. Thing is, I don’t like it so much in summer. Hot innit? I keep wandering around muttering something about the heat, and then simply falling over. Either because it’s too hot and I wilt or because someone has slapped me for talking about how hot it […]
Got a few little facts for you this morning surrounding collective nouns. I like magpies, funny little things they are, and so, when you see a few of them together they’re called, among other things for there are lots of collective nouns for magpies, a tittering of magpies. Good eh? You can also have a […]
Wilkommen! Bienvenue! Welcome! To the cabaret! I’m Spencer, your MC for this month’s dad’s round-up and on the bill today I’m proud to list some stars of the dad blogging world, in my eyes anyhow. Award winning. Inspiring. Funny and brilliant. These gents have it all and then some. They’re all that and a bag […]
‘Food, food, glorious food! What is there more handsome, gulped, swallowed or chewed?’ So the song asks. Stop sniggering at the back. It’s you isn’t it? It’s always you with the smutty mind. See me after class. Anyway, as I was about to say. Food eh? Lovely stuff. Food isn’t always merely something to shovel […]
We’ve all got to start somewhere. You write your first blog posts, link them to your Twitter account and hope that someone will read the thing you spent all that time writing. Sometimes people just blog to get the thoughts out and don’t care about stats and numbers but, truly, it’s wonderful to get feedback […]
I’ve had a hard time recently with my depression. But by blogging about it I’ve felt the support and comforting words of many. In some way, I felt better for getting my thoughts out there, however black and bleak they’ve been. Writing it all down and reading people’s comments on my posts and their experiences […]
Looking For Something?
BritMums TV on YouTube
- Leyla Preston added a discussion to the group Freebies/Discounts/Vouchers
- Leyla Preston added a discussion to the group Reviews and Recommendations!
- Leyla Preston added a discussion to the group Competitions, Contests and Giveaways
- Neelika Cabral posted a blog post
- Galina Varese replied to Expat Mum's discussion BlogLovin - Pros and Cons?
- Nicola: We are headed to New Mexico for a 2 week road trip...
- Michelle Twin Mum: Thanks a lot, I'll come and stop by. Mich x...
- Nadine Hill: The past few years have seen us have some amazing ...
- Win a LEGOLAND Windsor Resort Short Break 23 January 2012
- Giveaway: Tell your dream holiday; win £1,000 for a getaway! 27 December 2013
- BiBs shortlists are here! 22 April 2013
- Top family travel destinations for 2014 10 March 2014
- Arts & Culture Round-up: World Book Day 10 March 2014
- My Best Post of The Week >> Add yours 08 March 2014