I am adopting a slightly different approach to this months round-up and taking a closer look at the BiBs shortlist in the commentary category. Politics can mean many things beyond simply the activity of those in parliament, and the thing that binds all of the nominees in this category together is a desire to improve [...]
About Sonya CiscoSonya Cisco is a 39 year old mum of three from Dorset. She spent 15 years playing in bands at various festivals and insalubrious locations throughout Britain and Europe. These days she is more of a home bod hence the title of her blog 'The Ramblings of a Formerly Rock'n'Roll Mum' , but she can still be persuaded to strap that bass guitar back on for special occasions. Has an opinion on everything, but always open to discussion. Likes biscuits a little bit too much.
Author Sonya Cisco
This is a special edition of the politics round-up to recognise the impact made by Baroness Thatcher on so many. Love her or loathe her, it is hard to deny the mark left on society by Margaret Thatcher, as divisive in death as she was in life, her death set many of you furiously scribbling [...]
Morning. Or Afternoon. Evening even, if that is more relevant to you. It has been quite the month in the political world, so I won’t dally, but dive straight in. Lets tackle the biggie first. Baroness Thatcher died this week. A momentous event that has seen her as divisive in death as she was in [...]
It was International Women’s Day last Friday and lots of bloggers wrote posts in celebration of all things womanly. The ever lovely Lulastic hosted a link up which is brimming with inspiring posts, and her own letter to her great grand-daughter is both heart-warming and hopeful for the future of women. And the following also utilised [...]
Welcome to the first politics round-up on the revamped site, it is looking lovely here isn’t it! Hope I don’t break it with my technical incompetence… The year started with the changes to child benefit kicking in. Ministry of Mum writes as someone who will lose their benefit, and questions the fairness of the decision. [...]
Happy New Year to you all. It was a relatively quiet month for political posts, I think most of us were too full of mince pies to worry about much else. That’s all over now tho, it is currently 8.30 am and I have already stripped Ian Smith of his right to an extra i in his [...]
Sadly the past few weeks saw a re-eruption of violence in the ongoing Israeli – Palestinian conflict. Dorky Mum makes an informed and impassioned plea for us to talk about Gaza. And Not My Year Off considers the effects of the ongoing blockade of Palestine. Huge companies avoiding tax has been a big story this month and [...]
I am writing this on the 5th of November, the day we celebrate Fireworks Night- now I am never certain whether we are celebrating that someone tried to blow up parliament, or rejoicing that he failed- I guess it depends on how you feel about politicians. Someone who might be in the ‘Go Guy Fawkes’ camp [...]
What an honour to be asked to take over the BritMums politics round-up from the fabulous Ruth from DorkyMum as she moves onto new challenges. Big shoes to fill, so I will start with one of her posts. Save the Children published a new report into the suffering of the children of Syria. Ruth [...]
Looking For Something?
BritMums TV on YouTube
- Emily replied to Michelle Twin Mum's discussion Heard of the BritMums Butterflies at BritMums Live? in the group Newbies (new to blogging_
- Michelle Twin Mum added a discussion to the group Newbies (new to blogging_
- Catherine Prescott posted a blog post
- Afra Willmore posted a blog post
- Emma Louise Garratt added a discussion to the group Competitions, Contests and Giveaways
- Rebecca: Blimey I'm amazed to be included. Thank you....
- jennie: I am so looking forward to this session. Last year...
- John Adams: Thanks for your comment. I'm afraid kids do get i...
- Win a LEGOLAND Windsor Resort Short Break 23 January 2012
- What’s your perfect family-friendly holiday destination? 26 September 2012
- BiBs shortlists are here! 22 April 2013
- Announcing the BritMums Live 2013 Bloggers’ Keynote lineup 24 May 2013
- Snapshot Round-up: Fun and sun 24 May 2013
- Join our #foodforthought Twitter chat for Save the Children 23 May 2013