Welcome back to another installment of “ask geekmummy” – your chance to get answers to any of those nagging little questions you might have about blogging. This month I’ve been asked to talk about “About” pages – do you need them, and, if so, what should be on them? About me So, do you need […]
About Ruth - geekmummyRuth Arnold is geeky, tech-loving wife to one and mother of two. She has been blogging and podcasting in various forms since early 2005, and started her geekmummy blog in August 2010 whilst on maternity leave after having her son. Ruth blogs about living family life surrounded by technology, and particularly enjoys sharing her love of apps with her readers. Ruth enjoys using a variety of media on her blog - she produces not only written posts, but audio and video as well, and was delighted to be awarded the MAD Blog Award for Most Innovative MAD Blog in 2011.
Author Ruth - geekmummy
I’m a little late with my “Ask geekmummy” column this month, because I’ve been struggling to find a question to answer. I must confess that I’ve recently been feeling a little weary of “blogging about blogging” and talking about blogging, and I’ve been trying to take some “me” time to refocus on my blogging […]
Do you know what a vanity URL is? Do you have your own domain name? If it sounds like I’m talking a foreign language then read on and all will be revealed. Most people when they first start blogging sign up with one of the major free blogging platforms – either Blogger or WordPress.com. […]
My “ask geekmummy” post this month is inspired by Becky from Family Budgeting and Hayley from Downs Side Up, who have both asked how to go about starting a podcast. I’ve recently rediscovered my love of podcasting, and over the summer launched my new show, Parental Geekery, which is a joint venture with my […]
Have you ever broken your blog? I have. Self-hosted WordPress makes it so easy to automatically update themes, plugins and even WordPress itself that I’ve just got into the habit of updating whenever I see a new version of anything. About 6 months ago I saw my theme had an update available, so I […]
I’m very excited. I’m taking a step away from my regular video roundup to introduce a new monthly feature I’m bringing to the BritMums blog. This feature will quite simply be called “ask geekmummy”, and it will be your chance to get answers to any blogging questions you might have. Why do I think I […]
I want to start my video roundup this month with a very special congratulations to Penny from the Alexander Residence on winning the Brilliance in Blogging award for video at BritMums Live last month. Penny is one of my very favourite vloggers (if I’m allowed to have favourites!), and a very deserving winner for the […]
Welcome to June, although you might be forgiven for thinking it feels more like April with the weather we’ve been having recently! I hope you’ve all now recovered from the lovely long Bank Holiday weekend and you’re ready to take a trip with me around the many and varied video blogs I’ve been enjoying over […]
Whilst I’ve been collecting my favourite video blogs for this month’s roundup it suddenly struck me that I am being drawn to videos that answer those great questions which have been giving me sleepness nights all these years. So I am pleased to be able to share these with you in my roundup this month. […]
The great thing about video blogging is that you can use video to enhance almost any kind of blog post. Sometimes it really helps when you’re writing a review to be able to show the product in use. Sometimes if you’re talking from the heart it’s nice for people to see your face and hear […]
February is not my favourite month, it has to be said. It has a tendency to be dark, dreary and full of bad weather. But the good news is that it’s a nice short month (even with the extra day this year), and now March is here and we can all start looking forward to Spring. Yes, […]
Video blogging. Two words that seem to be able to strike fear into the hearts of even the most seasoned bloggers. We’re constantly being told that video blogging (or vlogging) is the Next Big Thing, yet at the same time many people find it hard to put themselves in front of the camera and get […]
Looking For Something?
Follow Us On Instagram
BritMums TV on YouTube
- Amie Caitlin posted a blog post
- Sammie Hodges replied to Susanna's discussion If you could describe your blog in one word, what would it be?
- Claire Deegan replied to Catherine Davis-Holmes's discussion Who would you like to give a keynote speech at BritMums Live 2015?
- Gemma as in helloitsgemma replied to Catherine Davis-Holmes's discussion Who would you like to give a keynote speech at BritMums Live 2015?
- Jennifer Howze replied to Catherine Davis-Holmes's discussion Should pregnant women be given financial incentives to quit smoking?
- James: Thanks for sharing these - similar to Dominic I'm...
- VaiChin: Thank you, Vanessa. I am glad we could liven up yo...
- BritMums Live 2013 – What I’m Looking Forward To | The Family Patch: […] for the agenda… well here is my cu...
- Win a LEGOLAND Windsor Resort Short Break 23 January 2012
- Announcing the 2014 BiBs shortlist 28 April 2014
- BiBs shortlists are here! 22 April 2013
- Leeds Castle Kent: The Fairytale Trail 14 – 22 Feb 30 January 2015
- February #SnapHappyBritMums: Photo a day challenge 29 January 2015
- Humour Round-up: Time to raise a laugh 29 January 2015