Congratulations — you’ve joined BritMums! (Still haven’t? Go join now.)
Now what? To make the most of being a part of BritMums and amplify your power as a blogger and social media influencer, start by doing these tasks:
1. Follow BritMums on social media. Jump into the conversation — it’s a great way to make new friends and get acquainted straightaway. We’re on @BritMums on Twitter, on www.facebook.com/BritMums, on G+ at www.google.com/+BritMums, on Instagram at @BritMums, on Pinterest at www.pinterest.com/BritMums. Also, don’t forget to check out our YouTube channel and subscribe to BritMumsTV.
2. Customise your profile in the Community. This is your page, go crazy! Go to My Page and start personalising. Fill in your profile information. Add your RSS feed. Customise your page with any look you like. You can also tweek your settings.
3. Add a badge! Show everyone that you rock and are a member of the largest and most active lifestyle blogger collective around. We’ve got lots of styles, sizes and shapes to choose from, go take a look and wear one with pride! **Please note: you need to display a badge to be considered for BritMums brand projects**
4. Investigate the great stuff to do. The Do Stuff section lists cool things to take part in, meet other members and even win cool stuff: events, activities, Twitter parties, you name it. This is the place to something fun to do.
5. Want to work with brands? We want to help you make those connections! Join BritMums Professional, a separate membership area within BritMums where we will help match you with brands on blogger projects. We also list review opportunities in our Working with Brands group in the Community.
6. Check out our Round-ups. BritMums members are varied and write about just about EVERYTHING. Every month the BritMums round-up editors surf the web to find the best in each category. Check out our monthly roundups on food, crafts, special needs, expat living, health and wellness, photography, and blogs that make your laugh to find our what is going on in those niches. Visit each to find new blogs and gain exposure by adding your own posts to the mix. Have an idea for a roundup you’d like to edit? Email us firstname.lastname@example.org!
7. Looking for blogging tips? Brush up on your skills in the How-Tos section. It can be daunting starting a blog, getting up to speed on Google+ or trying to suss out SEO techniques. Check out our How-To section that has tips on everything from blogging platforms to using social media to making good video.
8. Read our Magazine. This ever-expanding section features content from BritMums and members on topics ranging from travel to food to health to charity and beyond. There’s a section for every parent.
9. Sign up to a trend #BML16, the UK’s buzziest blogging conference. On 25 June 2016 hundreds of bloggers will gather in London to share best practices, polish their skills in workshops tailored to novice and expert levels, and party network. Sign up now.
10. Check out the Brilliance in Blogging awards. Every spring we honour the best blogs and social media influencers in the community. Why not put yourself forward? More info.
11. Add your blog posts to the community. Get your latest post on the front page of the BritMums Community! On the front page, scroll down to Blog Posts >>Add A Blog Post and you are off. Or just click here. Use this as a way to get more readers to your blog. Many members add a “teaser” of a few lines of text, and then link direct to the rest of the post. You can also set up an RSS feed on “My Page”, it’s on the left side of the page.
12. Join groups that interest you. Click on the Groups tab, browse through them based on latest activity, alphabetical order, or just do a general search. Then go to the group page and join. If a group doesn’t exist — start it! (note: if duplicate groups appear we may merge them, just to keep things tidy).
Some popular groups are:
Working with brands (we list review opportunities here)
Competitions, contests and giveaways (list your comp or find one to enter)
Book Club (we do monthly reviews and you may even be able to get a free book)
14. Post in the Forum. Post on any old topic rather than discussing something in a subject-specific Group. Think of it as the coffee morning, lunch date and happy hour all rolled into one. Visit the forums and join the conversation.
15. Choose you email notifications. Go to My Page>Settings>Email and there are loads of choices there, including a daily summary email of all activity so you only get one summary email. There are other options too and you can tailor to suit your needs (for example, only get notified when someone comments on a discussion you are part of). There is more detailed info on how to control your email notifications here.
16. Read over the network guidelines. We want to keep BritMums friendly and supportive. To that end, we enforce our Guidelines to keep the network a happy, safe place for members. Take a moment to refresh your memory about the “rules of the road” on the site.
18. Most of all, HAVE FUN! We are here to help you with your blogging, whether you think of it as a career or hobby. We’re here to support you.
If you’d like to be in touch with us for any reason, email email@example.com.
-Susanna & Jen