Our #printerprojects Twitter party on 23 November was a great success, huge thanks to everyone that took part for your brilliant craft suggestions and questions for our experts, Maggy from from Red Ted Art and Penny from The Alexander Residence.
We’ve pulled out just some of our favourite tweets from the hundreds that were flying around during the lunchtime party.
1. RedRoseMummy: #printerprojects Remember to use a site like Picnik to play around with different effects for your photos >>and it’s FREE.
2. ToybuzzUK: I find that hellokids.com has a really great range of colouring pages to print out. Keeps my two busy for hours #printerprojects.
3. bodfortea: Add your little one’s favourite sayings of the moment to wordle.net and make a timecapsule word collage #printerprojects.
4. Aresidence: There’s a lovely memory card game on the @Kodak_UK site: bit.ly/tLIeVv #printerprojects.
5. BritMums: Some historical paper dolls to colour and print out (FREE) #printerprojects tinyurl.com/d4b62hb.
Christmas crafts with kids
6. RedTedArt: we love making our own Christmas cards… and when you add some prints they look so polished! #printerprojects.
7. RedRoseMummy: #printerprojects I like the idea of doing cards with family members and their names on them.
8. ali991: #printerprojects you can bring out Christmas pictures and the kids have great fun making personalised Christmas cards with cut and paste.
9. Mummiafelice: Place names for the Xmas table is another #printerprojects idea.
10. bodfortea: Print family pictures out & cut into circles for personalised Christmas tree baubles to decorate a paper tree #printerprojects.
11. wendymcd83: #printerprojects I make printed Xmas Challenge sheets for the kids with tasks, quizzes, colouring that Santa leaves in their stockings.
12. Mummiafelice: This year I’m helping the kids make tree decs. Design on PC, print, and then they can cut out, stick and make them sparkle! #printerprojects.
13. mummyblogger: I once made my own family advent calendar by printing out favourite pictures to put behind each window #printerprojects.
14. ali991: #printerprojects We also do personalised table mats for Christmas, shows everyone where to sit when family is round.
Great gift ideas
15. second_time_mum: Buy cheap wooden photoframes and cover them with printed pics. Varnish and you have perfect family xmas gifts #printerprojects.
16. Mummiafelice: I also make personalised character cards using the PC and printer. Much cheaper than buying them in the shops #printerprojects.
17. pinkpixi87: #printerprojects Print off xmas card templates and let you children personalise them for a teacher’s present.
18. halkerstone: The kids create abstract art using ‘Paint’ then print them to wrap presents #printerprojects
jhowze: My mum’s fave picture craft – get a half shell from craft store, line with “velvet”, paste, pic in middle & hang with ribbbon #printerprojects
19. SuperAmazingMum: #printerprojects *if* I was crafty, I would make bunting out of arty photographs… but I’m not, so I’ll pass that idea to @redtedart.
20. Mummiafelice: My daughter is very much into crafts. I let her design sprapbook pages on the PC and then she can print them for her book #printerprojects.
21. notanottinghill: Buy old pictures very cheap at carboots/charity shops, remove old pic and reuse with photo. Job-lot for £10 perhaps #printerprojects.
22. dorkymum: DorkyDad and I printed out pics of ourselves and stuck them onto packs of flower seeds for our wedding favours #printerprojects.
23. jhowze: We’ve printed out pics on transfer paper you can iron onto clothes. My daughter loved her face on a shirt #printerprojects.
24. RedRoseMummy: #printerprojects A friend made own jigsaws using family photos. Backed on to card then cut into pieces and into a bag.
25. Melaina25: Printed out shapes of different colours to help Blondie Boy learn his shapes! He loves ovals, stars and hearts #printerprojects.
26. RedTedArt: I love printing out “hide and seek” sheets from the internet. Great for “nature trails”. #printerprojects.
27. hollyseddon: I’m creating a collage of the kids growing up to print on a huge scale, I think it would look great in their playroom #printerprojects.
28. BookBabies: #Printerprojects we take photos of the children, #print & cut them out, then let them draw the backgrounds to their photo.
29. second_time_mum: Make a height chart that grows with your child – add new images as they grow #printerprojects.
30. hooker1uk: If you’re looking for a bespoke cake, print/cut your template and carve the cake to fit. #printerprojects.
Check out these other great Big App projects and posts:
• Maggy of Red Ted Art makes a baby’s room look bigger
• Penny chooses her favourite entries from the Big App Challenge
• Maggy picks her favourite projects from the Big App Challenge
• Penny uses family photos to create high-impact wall art