Whether you’re super-crafty or just keen, we’ve got some brilliant new printer projects to help you create beautiful and original artwork with your kids or on your own.
We’ve teamed up with Kodak to launch the Big App Challenge and show mums and dads how to use a new online app and cheaper-than-you’d-think printer ink to create cut-out-and-keep projects, Christmas decorations, wall art and family activities.
We want you to show us what you can do: there will be prizes for the most creative crafts along the way!
What is the Big App?
Kodak has created an easy online tool to upload images and then print them out to create big wall-size pictures. And when we say big, we mean anywhere from 4 to 16 or more A4 sheets put together. To get an idea of how this can be used, see the Portfolio. Of course, it’s not just about size, it’s what you do with the prints that counts, and we have two creative geniuses to guide you through the projects.
Meet the craft bloggers
Two of our most creative craft bloggers are leading the charge, and will be bringing you their own take on printer projects over the coming weeks.
Maggy from Red Ted Art is a well-respected crafter, known for inspiring but easy and affordable craft projects to help ‘bring colour and art to children’s hearts’. Along with her children, Red Ted himself and little daughter Pip Squeak, Maggy will be putting the new ‘Big App’ through its paces and providing step-by-step ideas.
Penny from The Alexander Residence is an experienced arts practitioner whose children have inherited her creative zeal and love of sticking and messy paints. Penny will be conjuring up easy projects that even time poor mums and dads can enjoy with their little ones.
How you get involved and enter to win prizes
Take part in the Big App Challenge and you could win either
* a Kodak M5370 digital camera
* a 7.1 Hero All-in-One printer with 4 packs of A4 photo paper and 5 printer cartridges each of black and colour ink. To take part and enter is simple:
1. Post a picture on your blog that you’d like to give the Big App treatment – that is, one you’d like to see displayed BIG on your wall. Alternatively, go ahead and upload a picture to the Big App site, print it out, put it up on a wall and take a picture of that for your blog – we’d love to see your creative efforts!
2. Include the “I’m taking part” badge on your post. Get the badge here.
3. Pop the link to your post in the Linky below by noon on Tuesday 22 November, 2011. Soon after that date, we’ll pick two winners for the camera and the printer package, based on creativity and how well your picture suits the Big App.
Keep checking back to see the latest ideas and projects from our bloggers, video showcases and step-by-step plans. Share your Big App Challenge posts [on the Linky below] and keep your eyes peeled for news of our Big App Challenge Twitter Party later this month!
(Pssst: don’t forget to read the Terms & Conditions.)